• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Flagship???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I remember correctly, Flagship was one of the old Eagle carriers wit da Fokkers.

PFT at 9E? When did that go away. It was still active at least around 98-99 was it not?

In 1998-1999, they waived the pft if you had more than 1500 total and 500 multi. If you had between 1200 and 1500tt and less than 500 multi you paid and were reimbursed over 30 months. If you had less than 1200 you paid and that was it. Yes, we had some people who paid, and those that paid and were reimbursed but around 1999 and 2000, most of the guys were coming in with the 1500tt amd 500multi to avoid the 30 month contract or even paying. Keep in mind, yes there were still people who fell into those other catagories.....Then came the gulfstream contract which explains itself. Before 1998 I cant tell you what the policy was because i was not here. I was off flying freight.....

Sounds pretty sad if in a two person airplane they couldn't figure out a published hold, and fly it, let alone program it.

A lot of people learned that when they got an instrument rating.

I agree 100%.

I find it hard to believe that 2 pilots, a CA and an FO, both did not know how to hand fly a hold, or program a hold. Sorry, it just smells a little off.

By the way, with regards to low timers, we have many at our airline who sit relief who can program the FMS(C) quite well.

cheers

Dude that example can happen to anyone NWA or 9E doesn't matter. Its about the training. You can have a bunch of Chuck Yeagers but if the training sucks especially on something highly automated like a CRJ the pilots are going to suffer in the end no matter how good they are.

sf3boy said:
If I remember correctly, Flagship was one of the old Eagle carriers wit da Fokkers.

Don't know about Fokkers,but I do know that Flagship was a American Eagle carrier based in BNA I believe. They operated SF340's and J31's back in 1992 out of MIA.

You kids are a riot. Flagship Airlines was formed out of the merger of Nashville Eagle and Command Airways (both previous Eagle carriers) back in about 1991. They had bases in BNA (for a while) MIA, RDU and JFK. BNA closed when AA abandoned it as a hub. Later AMR whipsawing caused an ORD base to be opened up just before all the Eagle carriers merged. Flagship showed some real sack while negotiating a contract back in the late '90's, and was punitively downsized by AMR from 1200+ pilots down to 650 before the merge.

I find this one really hard to believe. It's been a few years since I have flown there, but I spent a while in the training department and I know most of their Check Airman. I know that these pilots do not get through their checkrides or IOE without knowing how to hold. Also, I find it very, very hard to believe that any airline pilot who make themselves sound so stupid over the radio by saying they can't do the hold because they can't program it. I call B.S., someone with a bad past experience made this post.

That post sounds like complete B.S. Especially when it only takes two button pushes to do a hold. Someone just wanted to re-hash P-F-T again.

Latest resources

Back