Who gets what out of training at NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wildmanny

Anyone care to shed any light on how NWA is assigning planes to the newhires (congrats by the way)?

What have the recently hired guys been getting and what is the plan going into the future?

WM

Anyone care to shed any light on how NWA is assigning planes to the newhires (congrats by the way)?

What have the recently hired guys been getting and what is the plan going into the future?

Heyas,

It's all done by seniority. Your seniority in class is determined by age (oldest=senior).

2nd or 3rd day, someone from crew resources stops by and lets you know what's available, and you get a day to think about it (this part may have changed). It changes from class to class.

The next day, you tell them what you want, and they let you know right then.

It's a total crapshoot on what aircraft and bases that are available, and it changes constantly. Even preferences from class to class change...back in the day, one class had everyone senior take the 727 SO spots, while the next, the DC-9 went senior.

Nu

Seniority?

It never ceases to amaze me what kind of idiots show up on this board.

Thanks for your insight, you moron. Seniority? Really? Gosh, I had NOOOOO idea seniority meant anything in this industry.

For anyone serious enough to reply, how about answering this one:
What have the recent class drops been since guys have been getting hired at NWA.

NU GUY: Thanks for the info on the age thing in the class. That's how it was when I was hired there a number of years ago, and I thought at the time it was fair enough. Good luck to you!

WM

I haven't seen official "class drops" per se, but so far everyone has gotten DC-9 FO (DTW & MEM) or 747 SO ANC. Seems very likely that A320 FO (DTW/MEM again) will be going to new hires soon from what I've heard. At least a brief wait in DTW or MEM for those wanting MSP on these airframes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back