Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which country's ATC is hardest to understand?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Turks and Saudis definitely make the bottom 5. Scots are by far the toughest "English" speaking people to understand. Have no real experience with the Indians so I can't comment there.

Brazil, for (what the 4th largest industrial nation on the plant) they have an ATC infrastructure that rivals that of the poorest of nations.

I don't get to fly to the other places you speak of, but for me by far it is the controllers of the Dominican Republic.

Really??? I never had a problem communicating with Dominican controllers, when you speak to them in Spanish that is:D

Of the places I've been - Vietnam is the worst.

On another note, I think the Japanese have one female controller. She must be busy since she seems to work just about every sector. She sounds cute, though.

Hands down... the Koreans

Absolutely agree. Years ago I was flying into Osan AFB and we were up on their control freqs (center) and we were listening to someone getting their butts reamed out for not answering continued radio calls... after about 5 stern calls (mind you we already checked in w/ them) we realized they were calling us! They talk like the Japanese but w/ a mouth full of marbles.

The Japanese talk very well and very structured. If you go outside the box then you're in trouble w/ them. The French are just fine, especially the hot chick who works Marseille Control. The Saudi's suck, the Egyptians do as well.

My favorite controllers outside the US are the Italians... they are laid back and very good. Anyone in in Africa stink really bad. Mind you that most of the controllers only have a handheld VHF radio and a pair of binocs. A lot of Africa is non-radar... back in the day you had to worry about the Russians b/c their IFF's didn't jive w/ our TCAS and we didn't pick them up... offset flying was the norm.

Really, the Koreans are by far the worse... did a lot of flying there and never picked up on thier terrible engrish tark...

Tail...

Of the places I've been - Vietnam is the worst.

On another note, I think the Japanese have one female controller. She must be busy since she seems to work just about every sector. She sounds cute, though.

Cross 15 miles NE of SWAMP at 150, sometimes that pronunciation is comical.

Latest resources

Back