• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Cell Phone rates are best?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've had Sprint for just over 2 years and previously had AT&T. AT&T was great, but back then it was more then 3 times what I pay for Sprint. 95% of the areas I go I get coverage, including some very small towns, haven't had any problems with them at all. I pay $35 a month for 600 any time minutes and 1400 nights and weekends, although my plan expires next month, so will see what is new out there, always comparing.

I had AT&T last year. Coverage was about 90% of the country. Custumer Service was awful. They screwed up my bill three times in a row. I cancelled as soon as I could.

I got Verizon about six months ago. I have 99% coverage as it uses all AT&T antennas and Verizon antennas. Customer Service is marginal. I pay $45 for 400 anytime/anywhere minutes and 3000 weekend minutes. I have flown with other pilots who couldn't get a signal on their ATT or Sprint phones while I got coverage on my Verizon - this has happened several times.

If antenna coverage is highest priority, get Verizon.

beytzim

Sprint

My wife and I both have Sprint. We get 500 anytime minutes and 1500 8PM to 7AM and weekends. For both cell phones we pay $79.00 and have trouble using up the minutes.(my wife is not Latin) I have found it is the best way to keep a marriage together and is great when you are on the road. Knowing that you can get in touch with each other at any time is great. Coverage is only a problem when you stray from a major city, then ATT or Verizon would be better.

Latest resources

Back