• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to stay OAK???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i'm just assuming that i'll be going to OAK to begin with, since that seems to be common knowledge. i've heard the crash pad situation out there isn't to good so i'm planning on driving a vehicle out so i can get around.

what are people doing who are commuting to OAK right now? are there no to very few crash pads avail.? are ya'll just staying at a hotel? if so i don't see a reason to drive out, i'd just take a shuttle back and forth.

thanks for your help...

It is my understanding that many people are willing to split a room at the hotels. Then you can pay around $35/night for a room. Now, if you're on reserve, then you might want to look for other arrangements besides $35 a night.

Just make sure you split the room with someone you can tolerate... (not many people can tolerate me so I have a difficult time :eek: ) Otherwise, you can end up having one of those nights like Dale Griffith and Neal Page at the Braidwood Inn in Wichita!! (Now... name the movie.)

How about the RV thing.

Pigpen posted in March that you can park an RV at OAK for $110 a month. Anyone doing this? Are there hook ups or just a parking space?

_LFD

I was wondering about the same thing. I dont really want to drive all the way out to oakland so was thinking maybe I could get away with not having a car. But I am not really an rv type of camper.
Anybody have that website for crashpads that was posted awhile back????

OAK Base

There are several options that I know of. Most stay at the Hampton Inn, it's about 60 bucks out the door. It has a workout facility, and shuttle service to the airport every half hour. I like the Best Western. It's 65 bucks out the door, a little cleaner, workout room, indoor pool, high-speed internet access on several computers in the lobby (free), and shuttle every half hour, and bigger rooms (great for sharing). Be sure and tell them that you are a SWA pilot. Both have a free hot breakfast every AM. I don't know of any crash pads in OAK, and yes, a few guys have RV's in the parking lot, and some live on boats in a slip near the area. Hope that helps, there are lots of other hotels near the airport also. Here is a link to the OAK pilot base website for more info...http://www.oakpilotbase.com/

Commuting from the east coast

Just wondering if anyone does or will be commuting from the east coast to OAK? If so, from where are you commuting and how are you getting out there?

Thanks

Ramada

I stay at the Ramada. It's $44 out the door. No workout room, but I'm only there a few hours per trip that I'm awake. Pretty good continental b-fast in the a.m. Pool and jacuzzi. rooms are kinda small, but that's hard to see with the lights off. Iron and board for your shirts. Shuttle every 30 minutes; very reliable. Very friendly management.

There was talk of a new SWA rate of $25 if we could get 30 or so a nite to stay there.

Slug

Don't go for any long walks around the hotels...unless you have your Oakland Raiders T-shirt on.

I did that Ramada a few nights and the Hampton. Hampton was like 5-10 bucks more...but is a better quality hotel. Regardless, both are good for sleeping.

Latest resources

Back