Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

where is Northwest as far as hiring now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't NWA have the Japan cabotage? I heard this is a holdover from WW2 and it can't be grandfathered. So if NWA loses its identity, or is acquired like Eastern/Pan Am then the cabotage expires(and I believe they are the only one right now who has this). That would seem to be worth its weight in gold if true.

No cabotage.

NWA has 5th Freedom rights in Japan. They allow NWA to pickup pax on Japan and carry them to another country (other than the US).

Successorship of the rights were "clarified" in 2000 when the "B" slots were designated for the second runway at NRT. Under the old terms, NWA had automatic "beyond" rights for any flight it chose to add TO Japan. The "B" slots and KIX slots were distributed and the terms of NWA's (and UAL's) 5th rights were refined.

The end result is the rights are considered a "transactable" asset if operated by NWA...or it's assigns (a legal term meaning, "Whoever they say"). NWA then used the rights as collateral for the Revolving Line Of Credit ($1.6-billion). That could not have been done if the banks thought the rights would not survive a merger.

1. There are no "bypass pilots". Everybody that was furloughed has long-ago passed the "fish or cut bait" point. There are a few LOA pilos trickling back as their Leaves expire...but there are NO pilots on recall bypass.

I am on recall bypass. There are others. Don't know where you got this information from.

Cheers,

Pack2Back

Currently, there are 211 pilots on long term deferral (up to 4 years from first recall notice). My guess is that less than half will come back.

I was called for an interview and i am excited about the opportunity to interview. I am a on the low side of the TT, I am just over 3000tt with 250 tpic with no connections. So I am going to interview and give it a shot and hope for the best. Oh and i applied right after it opened up online.

Latest resources

Back