Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is Atlas getting all this growth from?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigPappa

Name is Mitch Buchannon
Seems like there is quite a fleet expansion, is that pure Atlas or does that include Polar?
Got to go rescue CJ of a cliff now, Ciao from Mitch!

UPS SCS (Supply Chain Solutions). Just look at the iPad delivers from China a few months back.

Hi!

Probably the same place that all the cargo operators worldwide are getting. LOTS of Us operators are adding 747-400s and the are LOTS of adds for -400 and -200 pilots. There are even ads for DC-8 and 727 freight pilots. Freight in the ME back in Jan was back to pre-2008 levels.

cliff
LFW

Seems like there is quite a fleet expansion, is that pure Atlas or does that include Polar?
Got to go rescue CJ of a cliff now, Ciao from Mitch!

All at Atlas, Polar set at 6 aircraft and no plans for any expansion of the Polar fleet at this time. All that can change at a moments notice at AAWWH however. LCF flights start mid July, Pax service started out of IAH this month. Talk of two more 200's pulled out of the desert. Also a rumor of 2 300 Pax A/C for AMC service. Interviews going on every week at this time, talk of up to 120 new hires.

747-8 comes to the property in six months...12 on order and options up to 14 more.

Thought I had talked about the -8's also but saw I forgot them. I have been told 12 ordered and options for 12 more however. Would not bet on the six month number if I were a betting man.

How many has Atlas hired this year and does anybody at Atlas know how many they still anticipate hiring? Are people still being called for interviews or am I too late?

"Where is Atlas getting all this growth from?"

Is Atlas adding new contracts or expanding existing ones? Where is the new lift slated to go and which customers are wanting the 74-8?

PtP

Latest resources

Back