Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey FreightGuyNTX,
That is a great idea. A few questions though:
How do you keep them and fresh smelling? I know just slip a tick tack in with it, just look at the shape, they are made for it.
Do you use a rubber glove, plastic wrap, or just get them laminated? I would think the edges would be a tad uncomfortable.
Also what do you do if you need them in a hurry, eat a bran muffin, exlax, or just do a self prostate exam?
Have you tried just jamming your whole wallet up there? That would go great with the paperless cockpit, just walk into the terminal or FBO with nothing but a headset, unless...:eek:
Oh yeah, in my wallet, in my back pocket of course!!:D

Do you offer gloves to inspectors and enforcers asking to see your credentials?

:eek: THAT image is gonna stay with me all night. :eek:

More from Dr. Lecter...

"Cut a man's leg off and he can still feel it tickling... Tell us mum, when your little Katherine is on the slab, where will it tickle you?"

"Oh, and senator... love the dress!"

Last edited:
Wallet

When I was flying I kept all my credentials in my wallet, along with my driver's license, credit cards, etc. I didn't always carry a flight bag or my logbook to work and/or on the airplane, and I was worried that I could be separated from my equipment.

Last edited:
I used to keep it in my flight bag, but no longer. (I've forgotten to pull them out for jumpseating on more than one occasion, and ended up having to non-rev my way home through the hubs instead of taking the direct flight home on another carrier.)

Now I keep my airline ID inside one of those small plastic ID pouches, and put the certificate and medical right in the pouch with them. Since I always take my ID, it keeps the certificate and medical right there in case I need them, and I always have them available for jumpseating.

In my ID pack... AOA badge/Company ID/ALPA card/License/Medical.

Basically, when I'm jumpseating, the captain can see everything he'd normally want to see, and since I was asked once, my union card is there as well.

Latest resources

Back