Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where can I get a custom ear mold for headset?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

I just got a Plantronics MS50 headset, similar to a Telex 5x5, and would like to get a custom ear mold for it. Can anyone recommend somewhere where I might be able to get one of these for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

First off I gotta ask,....Why are you getting an earmold for a headset......are you trying to be an astronaut or something...
With that being said,
check the Stop Over Store in DTW or MSP the guy in MSP does a great job on ear molds. Takes about 10 days from making the mold till you recieve it in the mail. If ya cant get there check into some local audiology shops that make molds for hearing aids.

I got mine from a hearing aid shop...about $60 bucks.

Space Wrangler said:
I got mine from a hearing aid shop...about $60 bucks.
Yeah... what he said!! ANY hearing aid store will take the mold, take your $60, and send the mold to a seperate company that actually makes the earpiece. Takes about 10 days.

Sears

It was $50 in 1997. It was for a friend, not me. I would never put that in my ear!

Let me know how it works. I got the MS50 for $10 and am thinking about using the custom earmold. I also understand there is a mic cover of some sort to eliminate background noise. Anyone know about that?

FlyChicaga said:
Let me know how it works. I got the MS50 for $10 and am thinking about using the custom earmold. I also understand there is a mic cover of some sort to eliminate background noise. Anyone know about that?

I have one for my 5x5's... fantastic. Very comfortable. I usually put an earplug in my free ear at lower altitudes. The company is Westone (www.westone.com) that makes it, and you can search for local places on their site who will take the mold.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back