When is US Air West going to sue ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

becket

Prater obviously doesn't get it yet. He's allowing a handful of pissed off easties to hijack the entire union as well as a multi billion dollar merger. How long does he think he can hold off litigation?

He F'es around with this "not presenting the list" BS much longer, he's going to get his ass handed to him in court (an ALPA specialty). This time by the west guys, the difference being...they'll win unlike the East side who doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Wake up Prater You've already passed the iceberg. Do what is right ...there's no more negotiating and you damn well know it, the list is here. Be a man and a leader and deal with it. Let them throw their tantrum and if it makes you feel any better, remind them that hind-sight is always 20-20

Last edited:
Someone wants to cash in his lottery ticket. Ain't gonna happen. The majority rules.

Marty

Prater obviously doesn't get it yet. He's allowing a handful of pissed off easties to hijack the entire union as well as a multi billion dollar merger. How long does he think he can hold off litigation?

He F'es around with this "not presenting the list" BS much longer, he's going to get his ass handed to him in court (an ALPA specialty). This time by the west guys, the difference being...they'll win unlike the East side who doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Wake up Prater You've already passed the iceberg. Do what is right ...there's no more negotiating and you damn well know it, the list is here. Be a man and a leader and deal with it. Let them throw their tantrum and if it makes you feel any better, remind them that hind-sight is always 20-20

So...did you write Captain Prater and tell him yourself or do you always communicate to Union Presidents on FI.com?

WOW! Just what you need. One files a lawsuit becasue they think they have been screwed and another files a lawsuit so they can keep what screwing the east think they did to them. Instead why doesn't someone step up and say let us unify and get a contract that is somewhere near industry average? How about an industry leading contract? I think both sides are wrong! Stop being a bunch of qussies and EARN a contract!

Someone wants to cash in his lottery ticket. Ain't gonna happen. The majority rules.

Marty

I don't work for US Air...and comparing working there to "winning the lottery" is hysterical...thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Let me ask the East folks this:

Do you think it any way possible that you'll find a judge to OVERTURN a ruling in which both sides agreed to such binding arbitration?

I would say thats precedent-setting. I can't imagine this ever gets in front of a judge.

But one thing is certain. ALPA will have chaffed a bunch of money.

East is suing West MEC and MEC Chair. I don't think ALPA National is named.

West should sue ALPA to do its duty and submit the list.

Looks like America West Pilots find themselves in the same boat as USAIR pilots did a few years ago-No movement. Pilots on reserve and not moving up.
The training center in Clt is going like crazy and they are even sending people to PHX for training. Funny how career expectations change. Well, I can only hope that America West pilots move on and not make the same mistake as your 18yr USAIR pilots. Delta,United,CAL etc. are all hiring. Good luck

Marty

Latest resources

Back