• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When does CAL hiring starts again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just out of curiosity, why is Continental doing so much hiring? Are they growing that fast, or losing that many pilots to retirement? When the other legacies start hiring again, hopefully in the near future, can we expect any hiring to be done near the degree of Continental?

5-7% annual growth and retirements are the main causes.

5-7% at Mainline

Actually, LK said the 5-7% growth target just includes CAL mainline. XJT may be above and beyond that.

Actually, LK said the 5-7% growth target just includes CAL mainline. XJT may be above and beyond that.

that is good to hear. He told my class that it was a consolidated number to include XJT and that he expected CAL to be 1-3% per year. I like the 5-7% number better!

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

It doesn't include X-jet as they are planning on a reduction in capacity(CAL flying) starting in January. The 5-7 is mostly international seats however we are planning a 1-2% domestic mainline increase in ASM's as well. That is probably the biggest diference between us and some others. We are all increasing our intl destinations however most legacy carriers are doing so while drawing down some domestic capacity. Cal has always been smaller domestically on a percentage basis as compared to internationally and now wants to increase its domestic feed for the international expansion. This will include a higher utilization rate on the smaller 737's as well as introducing the additional 737-800's to the fleet. If we replace 50 seat jets with 70 seat Dash 8-400's as rumored, that will increase the domestic feed to EWR as well. Of course I'm typing this as the news is reporting that a plane has hit a building in NYC so this post could all be in vain. I'd better get to the airport and plan on commuting up to EWR earlier than usual.....

bye

People. People. Just look it up on any financial website or in latest issue of Aviation Week and Space Technology. These are all publicly available facts.

Latest resources

Back