• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^^true. But XO has the better sched and basing.

Agreed. There's more to QOL than just $$$.

Although, neither XO nor Wheels Up fly the mighty Piaggio, so...

I still miss flying the Piaggio after 4 1/2 years since retirement. :bawling:

I still DON'T miss the weekly airlining and schedule. :p

Although, neither XO nor Wheels Up fly the mighty Piaggio, so...

lol, that reminds me...i used to fly a consistent route from norcal to socal and back in a 350, not long ago. Met a pretty laid back crew at the socal base who randomly flew to the same norcal base, in a piaggio. Turns out they couldnt handle full seats AND all the baggage, so being that we were going to the same spot, i would throw their golf clubs in the 350.

So yea, they got there 10 minutes quicker...but had to wait for me to land with their golf clubs before they could leave the airport...so i dunno if i can concur on the term "mighty" :D

Last edited:
lol, that reminds me...i used to fly a consistent route from norcal to socal and back in a 350, not long ago. Met a pretty laid back crew at the socal base who randomly flew to the same norcal base, in a piaggio. Turns out they couldnt handle full seats AND all the baggage, so being that we were going to the same spot, i would throw their golf clubs in the 350.

So yea, they got there 10 minutes quicker...but had to wait for me to land with their golf clubs before they could leave the airport...so i dunno if i can concur on the term "mighty" :D

every king air built is 10X better than a p180. King air is just flat out a great airplane.

With the Piaggio, you need to put the heaviest pax in the rear seats and pray for bricks in their (small) bags if all the seats are full. CG runs out of forward limit in a hurry. Still a fun airplane anyway.

Latest resources

Back