wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rajflyboy

How many jets do they now have? I'm starting to see some XL's running around in the blue And white colors

great, another charter broker with overworked underpaid pilots.

Overworked, possibly. Underpaid, I am not sure how you arrive at that conclusion. Charter broker? That is an interesting spin on the Wheels Up concept. Show me another broker that owns 20 + airplanes and growing. It is not the premier job in the country, but it has put over 100 out of work pilots to work in the last 12 months.

Just read that Richter is currently looking at used/refurbished Citation Sovereigns and Xs as possible additions to the XLs.

Overworked, possibly. Underpaid, I am not sure how you arrive at that conclusion. Charter broker? That is an interesting spin on the Wheels Up concept. Show me another broker that owns 20 + airplanes and growing. It is not the premier job in the country, but it has put over 100 out of work pilots to work in the last 12 months.

last i read(today)....they dont have an air carrier certificate. that means charter broker....

Quote"Wheels Up acts as agent for the Wheels Up members, and is not the operator of the program aircraft; FAA licensed and DOT registered air carriers participating in the program exercise full operational control of the program aircraft. Any aircraft owned or leased by Wheels Up will be dry leased to the operating air carrier to facilitate operations by that carrier."

and yes, they are grossly underpaid. FO's should be starting at $100,00k for what they're charging to operate.

How many jets do they now have? I'm starting to see some XL's running around in the blue And white colors

They are left over aircraft from Citation Shares that Cessna can't sell.

last i read(today)....they dont have an air carrier certificate. that means charter broker

So Flexjet is a charter broker also?? They don't have a air carrier certificate either......

No, Flexjet operates under part 91K fractional mgmt specs. Flex doesn't have a air carrier certificate but their very close friend Jet Solutions (another DAC company) does.

It looks like the WU operation uses multiple operators and their certificates, that makes them more like a broker.

Latest resources

Back