What's your work schedule like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Howdy!

Day starts with first phone call. . . might be at 9 AM, might be at 4 AM.

Day ends with last phone call. . . might be at 6 PM, might be at 2 AM.

In between I go to the office, the flight line, the outlying field with an AOG, run parts, run deposits, run food, instruct, cover for others, make schedules, do callbacks, keep the instructors instructing, yadda yadda.

Average pay for hours worked? Umm. . .

BTW, any CFIIs in BFL looking for some independent contractor work?

Fly SAFE!

Jedi Nein

I like my schedule

Monday: School from 11-3. Then, bum around at coffee shop or similar, reading or writing.
Tuesday: No school, day off. Coffee shop.
Wed: See Monday.
Thursday: See Tuesday. Add band practice. Add performance at coffee shop Open Mic Night.
Friday-Sunday: See Tuesday.

The joys of part-time school and no job!

Stephanie

I live in MIA, and usually bid lines to fly out of MIA to maximize time at home.

Approx 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off every month. During the 2 weeks on, I fly about 7 one day trips to various cities in South America (usually in Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil) and am home after a 10-16 hour duty day. I occasionally, but very rarely spend a night away from home, and with rest days at home after each flight, I usually get 20+ days off every month.

......Not too bad for a "long haul" DC10 F.O (and a VERY junior one at that).

I can also bid to fly elsewhere (Europe, Asia, etc..), but then I'm guaranteed to be away from home for 14-16 days in a row. I do that every few months for a change of scenery.

mr. jedi,
Where do you instruct? I know a few instructors in BFL at my old employer that may be looking for some opportunities.

4 days on, 3 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off, 4 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 8 days off.

Don't work on weekends unless it's open.

I imagine if you are flying Hawai'ian islands and you aren't home every night, you're sea urchin and sea cucumber food.

PS. contrary to mainlander belief (ie mine), sea cucumbers can NOT be used on salads. Apparently they are an animal...not a cucumber.:eek:

Opportunities at BFL

Howdy Be36driver!

I run Gene Hudson Flight Training; main base at Van Nuys, CA.

Our website is at http://www.myfbo.com/ghft (just updated it today).

Have the instructors send a resume and cover letter, attention Gene Hudson Flight Training. All of our contact info is at http://www.myfbo.com/ghft/contact.html

Or they could drop them off at the front counter of Mercury. I'll let the gals know they're coming.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back