What's the deal with Virtual Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hamburger

Apparently there's this whole subculture of psychos that get really deep into Microsoft Flight Sim. They get together somehow online with each other and fly trips on their PC's in REAL TIME. They even link up with guys running some sort of ATC simulation software who work them accross the country. They have Virtual Scheduling, Virtual Chief Pilots, Virtual Probation. Guys will use computer screens instead of CRTs and build cockpit mockups (like a CPT) in the basement, come home from work and do the EWR-SFO run, in REAL TIME.
I'm not sure if they sit in the basement reading Virtual newspapers, bitch about Virtual ALPA, do their Virtual Bid, or what.

Google Virtual Airline. It's just Amazing.

Hamburger said:
Apparently there's this whole subculture of psychos that get really deep into Microsoft Flight Sim. They get together somehow online with each other and fly trips on their PC's in REAL TIME. They even link up with guys running some sort of ATC simulation software who work them accross the country. They have Virtual Scheduling, Virtual Chief Pilots, Virtual Probation. Guys will use computer screens instead of CRTs and build cockpit mockups (like a CPT) in the basement, come home from work and do the EWR-SFO run, in REAL TIME.
I'm not sure if they sit in the basement reading Virtual newspapers, bitch about Virtual ALPA, do their Virtual Bid, or what.

Google Virtual Airline. It's just Amazing.

I heard they were voting on their Virtual TA next week. Right now they are working for nothin' -- typical NCC (No Cost Carrier) whores.

It is kinda funny....

http://www.flywestwind.com/opcntr.htm

They addrsss their "management pilots" as Captain This and Captain That... There's this guy who actual provides flight instruction too. There are articles on theory of flight, wake turbulance, navigation, etc etc... His "Real world experience" includes what seems to be a few dual lessons in a C-172 and a Piper cherokee.

Kinda funny

Bavarian Chef said:
I heard they were voting on their Virtual TA next week. Right now they are working for nothin' -- typical NCC (No Cost Carrier) whores.

Too funny! Thanks!

GV

Hamburger said:
you think they might be having virtual jumpseat wars?

Here's a thought, what about virtual passengers, virtual ramp operations and virtual passenger screeners?

Hey at least you can have real sex while your virtual airplane is in cruise.

Yeah, that's likely. Unless you meant "real sex" with themselves.

I'm sure they're all in the special "solo" division of the mile high club. At least it keeps them off the streets.

Latest resources

Back