Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the attrition rate at Comair these days?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long did he fly that thing for? I know a guy who has been flying F-18's in the Marines for the last 9 years, and only has 800 hours in them. Regardless, he's going to UPS with 1,100TT.

Dude! I thought only chicks got jobs at UPS with that kind of flight time......sorry, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

2nd yr is not a lot less, I hit 3rd yr in the next week and my payout is in the mid of 16 17k

The point is it was totally seniority based. I hit 3rd year pay in about 5 weeks and I won't get 15, but I'm taking a bigger cut than you (assuming you fly the CRJ). The negotiating committee didn't have a problem negotiating a larger pay cut for CR7 pilots, but can't seem to figure out how to compensate us for that cut.

Why can't you bid out of the 700?

Three year seat lock (for a transition into an airplane I'm already qualified to fly). I could do it but it would be very impractical, considering I will likely upgrade in that time. So I'm stuck with a terrible schedule and I now make less than CRJ FOs in my class, because they have lines and there isn't a significant premium to fly the CR7 anymore.

Dude! I thought only chicks got jobs at UPS with that kind of flight time......sorry, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Thats double of what is required for chicks.

What's going on Mon?

The point is it was totally seniority based. I hit 3rd year pay in about 5 weeks and I won't get 15, but I'm taking a bigger cut than you (assuming you fly the CRJ). The negotiating committee didn't have a problem negotiating a larger pay cut for CR7 pilots, but can't seem to figure out how to compensate us for that cut.

Your first sentence says it all...seniority rules in this business. The payout is and should be based only on seniority. I think the union did a pretty good job at dividing the pot fairly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back