Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

threegreen

Mmmm, I look good.
So you guys voted it down to give the finger to management - has anything come of it? Will you guys get a better raise soon or did management get the last laugh?

wouldn't it be cool if they had said something like: "oh ok, you know what you're right, that was pathetic. let's give you more..." but seriously... :)

But it did feel just a little good to not bend over--completely.

laters

And yet standing up for "principle" has gotten us what exactly? The respect of a few people on flightinfo.com? I'm beginning to think we should have just taken the money and run. It's probably going to be a loooong time before we even get offered 1.2% again -- and who knows -- they may even come back and ask for concessions at some point. Yeah, an extra 1.2% isn't much, but it could mean: a nice dinner for me and my wife; the difference between dial-up and high speed; fixing some of the many MELs on my car; additional savings and/or investment; etc. This is the last time I'm turning down a raise at SkyWest (I voted "NO!"). Yes, I think management had the last laugh for sure on this one. Take "standing up" by rejecting an "insulting raise" to the bank and try to cash it.

Propjockey, it wasnt just the insulting raise that was the issue, the big issue was signing an open ended agreement. I hope you are smart enough to not EVER vote in an agreement without an expiration date. I was smart enough to vote no to the last two proposals.I am happy to see that most of us have learned from the old saying "fool me once..." or as Bush would say "down in Texas we have an old saying, you can try and fool me once but if you try and fool me twice than shame on you"

Yes I will send a message to management that this offer and any others like it are an insult, that to me is worth the 30 to 60 cents an hour we lost.

s.o.sJTB said:
Propjockey, it wasnt just the insulting raise that was the issue, the big issue was signing an open ended agreement. I hope you are smart enough to not EVER vote in an agreement without an expiration date. I was smart enough to vote no to the last two proposals.I am happy to see that most of us have learned from the old saying "fool me once..." or as Bush would say "down in Texas we have an old saying, you can try and fool me once but if you try and fool me twice than shame on you"
d
Yes I will send a message to management that this offer and any others like it are an insult, that to me is worth the 30 to 60 cents an hour we lost.

exactly.....1.2% will give you the equivalent of picking up an extra 4 hours all year long. It goes to show the EgO's in SGU think we are already paid enough. After we make 120 million in a year and have another on time performance year we get a thanks and a wonderful turker voucher for the hard work. SaPa and that worthless organization already have aquired us a horrible concession in PBS. They couldn't find tits in a stripper bar let alone get us a real cola and some positive work rules. Its time to show Sapa the door and get some real representation.

Inflation is running 2 - 3% a year. A 1.2 % raise doesn't even keep up with inflation. Year by year your wage package is shrinking while the company is making how much in profit ?? 120 million ??

How is that 18 month 70 seat pay rate coming ? I would hope you guys would learn from your past mistakes.

Propjockey you need to get some balls.

propjockey said:
And yet standing up for "principle" has gotten us what exactly? The respect of a few people on flightinfo.com? I'm beginning to think we should have just taken the money and run. It's probably going to be a loooong time before we even get offered 1.2% again -- and who knows -- they may even come back and ask for concessions at some point. Yeah, an extra 1.2% isn't much, but it could mean: a nice dinner for me and my wife; the difference between dial-up and high speed; fixing some of the many MELs on my car; additional savings and/or investment; etc. This is the last time I'm turning down a raise at SkyWest (I voted "NO!"). Yes, I think management had the last laugh for sure on this one. Take "standing up" by rejecting an "insulting raise" to the bank and try to cash it.
Well,
Lessee, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, keep busting your a$$ to keep the airline on time, skip those meal breaks, $hit in the plane instead of a real bathroom, keep calling ORD ops because "you have pax with tight connections", asking "anyone see open parking in the Y", and most importantly keep swilling the kool-aid from the SGU slurpee machine. Why would SGU think that they have to part with anything, even long call out reserve(which would cost nothing) as long as fools keep busting a$$, like we are fighting for our immediate survival. $26,000,000 last quarter, my enemy, thats right 26M! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, and you will get what you deserve, NOTHING, and you will like it!
PBR
P.S. "Principal", the ability to discern right from wrong has nothing to do with fiscal profit, "respect" is something you have to have for yourself, not received from flight info, obviously you have none or you would not be "thinking we should have taken the money and run". The reason you have MELs on your car is your willingness to bend over and take whatever you are given, thats right, bend over, spread those cheeks and take 1.2% because thats whats offered. I hope your wife has a good job, your gonna need that real cash to pay the bills.

Last edited:
propjockey said:
And yet standing up for "principle" has gotten us what exactly?
A little pride and self-respect.

propjockey said:
This is the last time I'm turning down a raise at SkyWest (I voted "NO!").
Atta boy propjockey. You hold strong to those values of yours, not to mention the first semblence of unity at Skywest.

s.o.sJTB said:
I am happy to see that most of us have learned from the old saying "fool me once..." or as Bush would say "down in Texas we have an old saying, you can try and fool me once but if you try and fool me twice than shame on you"

I believe Bush said, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Here's a video: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/foolbush.mov

;)

SkyWest pilots,

If you have not registered at www.alpa.org/skywest it is time you do so. SAPA has shown us the ability they have. It is time we get real representation!

Latest resources

Back