• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's going on at AMR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Within a few months the number of TWA pilots furloughed will reach 50%. The number of original aa pilots that will be on furlough is 2-3%. Fair shake? KISS MY A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eaglefly said:

Many of us AE pilots were here feeding cash into AMR , while a lot of TWA pilots were still in flight school. In fact many of my F/O's from 94 to 99 went to TWA. Now the argumant is that they should have priority at AMR ?

Unfortunatly,

Most of the pilots who are now getting furloughed from TWA were starting flight school while most of the guys at Eagle were just a drunk little slimy sperm trying to find it's way through the hole.

I don't understand why some people think they have the right to take other people's jobs just because they are willing to work for far less money.

You still don't have an opinion DC(

DC9,

Apparently you don't know how to read that so called "official" seinority list because it sure doesn't make sense with what everyone else on this post, everyone at AA, or APA have agreed with. There are only 100 AA mainline pilots on the streets. PERIOD. Now you can take that info and start to form an opinion, maybe. I am done with you until you know what you are talking about.

As for the later post that the deal between AA/TWA being a buyout not a merger. This is true but as per the deal blessed by the courts for the buyout it is stated that there will be fair and equitable treatment of the pilots. So far this doesn't seem to be happening.

No they are not asking to be #1 on the list, but a 7 yr TWA pilot stapled behind a July 2001 AA pilot. Get Real.

FlyKy, you just don't get it! State your source of incorrect information. A few short points: TWA staples are all ahead of any AA hired after April (10?) 2001, and there are indeed several hundred AA furloughed, one being my wife- so I'm pretty dam sure about this.

Whiny pathetic losers

Any of you ever quit bitchin' long enough to do something proactive? Hey atleast you have a job or a senority number. You have your health. You can still work. Its a priv. No one owes any of you squat. Just the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of property (original wording). So put the tissues away and go do something productive.

PS. No wonder AA Captains made so much, I'd demand that much cash just to put up with working with a bunch of whiny losers like yourselves, too.

Bravo TWA69 !

The first TWA pilot who agrees he does not have the right to a Captains job at Eagle because a pilot group other than Eagle's temporarily rescued him from the unemployement line.

I truly wish you the best of luck.

And the wives have it

DC9,

You had to go and mention the source was your wife, a "Native American". My wife is a '96 hire to TWA now the Airline Fomerly Known as TWA. She is about to get bumped out on the streets by a '99 or '00 hire from The Mother Land. A similar yahoo to the one taking her place was down in Miami whining about how everyone in STL isn't very nice to him and he would never go there for a base, he will just stay on the International route out of New York. He was a '00 hire. That is pathetic!!!!!!!!!

Now you go ahead and try to convince me and everyone else that TWA is getting a fair shake when there are puttz like this floating around. And yes I do have "official Info". You might check with you wife and read up on what is really going on.

I could list more info but most of the crap coming out of the Mother Land is beyond reproach.

As for LIVEFREEORDIE; I am not an AA Captain nor do I want to be and I am not employeed, I am also on the street. So, before you start making comments about people in these posts you should get your facts straight.

Flyky

Flyky,

With all due respect, DC9 knows exactly what is going on at AA now. There are, in fact, 396 "native" AA pilots on forlough as of today. I should know, I am one of them. Those of us on furlough are given full access to both AA management and APA informational tools. Average them together and you can probably find some semblance of the truth.
This entire acquisition is a no-win situation for anyone. Regardless of which camp you are in, two things are fact; there would have been massive furloughs at AA even without the merger, and TWA would probably have ceased to exist on or around September 12, 2001.
I am sorry that your wife is about to be furloughed. I am sorry I was furloughed as well, along with the 1200 other professionals who were employees of TWA/AA. However, (see above points), I am realistic enough to know I would have been let go anyway, with or without the acquisition. I suggest that you review the situation in a quiet moment and draw a revised conclusion of your own.

Excellent post, Red.

Good luck.

Red, Great post, you hit the truth and everybody knows it !!!

Flyky,
Nobody is taking anybody's spot. The people sent from the AA side to STL are being Assigned Displaced, meaning they are forced to go !!! And believe me, none of the guys about to get sent to STL (SLT at AA) wants to be there. But you know what, these are the cards they were dealt and these guys will be doing their best to make it work, it is up to the TWA crews to set the tone. It is after all still their house, AMR just owns it now.
Like you said there are Yahoos everywhere, not just at AA, EVERYWHERE !!
Being probably STL-bound, I will do my job and just hope I don't butt head with a yahoo. And if I do, OHH WELL !!!!!
To you, I may be a puttz, pathetic, a yahoo or a whinny but you know what, some of us are heading to STL and that is IT !!! Nothing we can do about it. And remember it is a free country so ...If you don't like it, Just do yourself a favor and get another job where people are nicer than these nasty AA juniors pukes that are taking your job. JB is hiring and I hear they are very nice...
If you can't see that AMR, ultimatly saved jobs at TWA ( and at AA), you are denying what has been going on since 911.
LOOK AT ME STRAIGHT IN THE SCREEN and Tell me what would have happen at TWA, on Sept 12 , 2001 without AMR.
Go to the goverment and buy a clue !!
Do you rather see AMR liquidated ???? Will that make it better ???
Be careful of what you wish for.
I am done whining, putzing,yahooing etc....whatever you say Junior AAer do these days.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US.

Latest resources

Back