• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's competitive mins for CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think more than minimums, a good internal rec or two is good to have.

I just got the call today:pimp: .

My times are..
4700 tt
1350 pic turb
and a shiny check airmen letter.

Good luck and keep trying..It was just about the time I gave up that I got a nibble. Had my stuff in for about 2 years.
:beer:

An uncle is probably competetive.

A father would be more than competetive, a brother or cousin slightly less competetive

I think more than minimums, a good internal rec or two is good to have.

I just got the call today:pimp: .

My times are..
4700 tt
1350 pic turb
and a shiny check airmen letter.

Good luck and keep trying..It was just about the time I gave up that I got a nibble. Had my stuff in for about 2 years.
:beer:

For better or for worse, the CAL contact is probably the biggest determiner that will get you the interview. Do they even interview from people who apply through AirlineApps? Some guys from my old company got interviews through an AirInc job fair but this was two years ago, I don't know if this would still hold true as CAL is inundated with apps.....

A buddy of mine that was hired went to the Women in Aviation conference. He had no other internal recs.

3 internal rec.s and at least a 1000 pic.

I've got 6000 total, a 1000 pic, and 3 internal recs.
As of last week a chief pilot told me that was just enough to get my application to the next step. I'm assuming he meant the short list. From there, I'm told it's about two to three months for an interview.

He also went on to say minimums are going up, due to the short upgrade.

Anyone know if the job fair will help? I know it did some time ago but haven't heard anything recently.

minimums going up?? They should have thought about this when they started hiring. There has been a handfull of low timers hired without a drop of PIC turbine that will be upgrading in the next few months. If hired today I would be surprised if you saw the left seat as quick as those hired less than 2 years ago.

Latest resources

Back