What would you guys do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do it for the systems

No one else has suggested the most important reason you should choose the Aztec - its systems.

The 310 is fine and all but it's really not a heavily system oriented airplane. Sure, there's all the usual stuff - fuel (incl. crossfeed scheme), gear (electric), flaps (also electric), electrical, heater (cobustion type), but the Aztruck is designed and built more like a larger airplane and it handles like one too.

Its gear and flaps are on a continously pressurized hydraulic system, just like most large aircraft. Hydraulic stuff is only powered when the valves are opened by the pilot to actuate something. In general, the Aztec is more representative of bigger planes in quite a few areas. get the multi in that thing and take the opportunity to study like you would a Brasilia or a CRJ and REALLY get to know it inside and out. The maintenance manuals are an excellent source of information that goes well beyond the operating handbook.

Start learning how to study complex aircraft now so it's not a huge shock when it counts and a job depends on your studies.

TIS

Fly_Chick said:
Can your instructor also be your examiner? I thought I saw something in the past prohibiting this, cannot find it now. Maybe it was for part 141.

The instructor/ Examiner will usually get another CFI to do the recomendation then conduct the checkride. I agree I don't think they can recomend and examine.

I did the three hour prep for an examiner that ran a one instructor school (him) and then recomended the students for a flight test. Plenty of recomendations zero chance of failures. What's he going to fail his own students. I don't think so.

Guitar Guy said:
Just curious, why are you doing the multi/commercial first and then adding on the single? Might it not be a bit cheaper to get the commercial in a single and then add on the multi?

Mocaman,

Congrats on the new rating. GuitarGuy is right. Save the money by doing the commercial in a single first, then adding on the multi right after. The only reason you would want to get the initial commercial in the twin would be so you could immediately get your MEI, since it requires 15hrs multi PIC. Unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain that you are going to be instructing in the twin within a few months of getting your instructor certificate, I would hold off on the MEI. Hold on to the money until you need it. That way you can pick up an hour here and there and not have to pay for those 15 hours of PIC, just the time to get you ready for the MEI ride. Besides, by then you'll have some experience as a CFI under your belt, which will help alot.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back