Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is your daily recommended meal allowance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When that happens I stop going the "extra mile".

This logic runs rampant. Lets pi$$ the pilots off over 10 bucks, great idea, then it's stay down in the low 30's @ max continuous cruise to get home early. Now I ask you... Which plan was cheaper ??? You get the picture.

I figure I can easily save 1000 lbs. of fuel on alot of days. Around $600, I say let the pilots eat what they want.

Last edited:
My southern management company has 'suggested' that we use 10/15/35 or 60/day. They are very understanding when we spend more than the daily rate at expensive cities. However we are careful not to abuse our daily limits. A customer has no problem spending $XX,000 on an aircraft charter, but will feel ripped off when they get a $200 bill for the pilots' dinner. The best policy is to keep it reasonable and honest.

I pride myself having never been questioned on a trip expense. :)

Some hotels give free breakfast, but our last one was $21.00. It's hard to place a dollar max on meals unless you only go to the same place and know their cost. If you're smart enough to operate the companies aircraft you should be responsible enough to properly use the companies credit card. If not they should replace you with someone they can trust - not tell you how much you can spend for meals. On a three stop day, the amount of fuel you purchase at each stop can amount to many more extra dollars.

HEADWIND

Meals

The company I am at now is great company card no question on what we spend only required to turn in reciepts with meals over 25$. And if we get home after 6pm the company pays for our meal.

The last company I worked for refused to give the pilots credit cards because they said pilots cannot be trusted with them. Also 41$ per day was max not matter were you were. Any trip that is less then 6 hour duty day is 1/2 $20.50 and its taxed.

Company prior to this tried to go to a flight hour pay rate. You get $3 dollars for every flight hour you flew. Not sure how long they lasted with this program as I jumped ship ASAFP after this announcment.

One way around our maximum is to put down for a line tip but actually spend it on a six-pack. You just have to make the system work for you... ;) TC

This logic runs rampant. Lets pi$$ the pilots off over 10 bucks, great idea, then it's stay down in the low 30's @ max continuous cruise to get home early. Now I ask you... Which plan was cheaper ??? You get the picture..

Classic,

Back in the day when I flew charter we were on a trip to SAN. We were supposed to go home after an overnight duty rest. Instead, the charter company booked to deadhead home, but only after 3 days of hanging out in SAN. When we left JimsAir said that they were only going to bill us for one day ramp fee because we purchased fuel. Heck no we said, bill us for every day at $400/day we told them. The bill came right out of the charter companies profit. Perhaps next time they will think before the double back a trip and keep the crew out for 20 days straight.

Company prior to this tried to go to a flight hour pay rate. You get $3 dollars for every flight hour you flew. Not sure how long they lasted with this program as I jumped ship ASAFP after this announcment.

How does that work? Fly 1 hour, sit all day, eat a happy meal?

The bill came right out of the charter companies profit. Perhaps next time they will think before the double back a trip and keep the crew out for 20 days straight.

Yep, I've done this one as well. You wanna keep us on the road, cool, put the plane in the hangar for 4 days. My boss expects the plane to be in a hangar, that's where it'll be. On your dime dear mgt. company... Just try to guarantee they don't actually make any money off of the RON fees, solves the problem every time...

Latest resources

Back