Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
ok what is the big deal with the pilot hat really? Why do some guys live and die to wear the airline hat? Seems like a outdated thing. Plus I always thought they made the pilots look more like the skycap guys. My airlines didnt have them so I have never had to deal with it. Just curious.

The skycaps stole the idea to try to look like pilots. In Miami these idiots also wear epaulets to confuse the passengers even more. The hat is and was a very quick way to find a person in charge, IE. The pilot. Management has and will continue to pull all authority from the flight deck to have no one in charge. Hence the gate agents with the horrific attitude explaining they are in charge, and the pilots will be allowed to make decisions only "under way". It's just a quick and easy way for the public to be more confused, and ask if you're there to get their luggage plane side.

It's a simple matter of integrity. You wore your blue suit and red tie to the interview... you told them that you would follow the rules if they would give you the opportunity.

6 months later you are showing what a rebel you are by failing to abide by the uniform policy?

Worse are those folks who will CARRY their hat around with them for a four day trip. If you ask them why they tell you that it is in case the chief pilot shows up.

Oh. I see. You have balls, but your balls are the kind that only descend after you are out of the chief pilot's line of sight.

It's a simple matter of integrity. You wore your blue suit and red tie to the interview... you told them that you would follow the rules if they would give you the opportunity.

6 months later you are showing what a rebel you are by failing to abide by the uniform policy?

Worse are those folks who will CARRY their hat around with them for a four day trip. If you ask them why they tell you that it is in case the chief pilot shows up.

Oh. I see. You have balls, but your balls are the kind that only descend after you are out of the chief pilot's line of sight.

I can't agree more! I am and always will be proud to wear my hat!

I dont mind wearing mine. I visibly scowl and shake my head at the fools that carry theirs around(wanna be treated like a pro...act like one). However, as soon as tax day rolls around, my hat is in the top of my closet collecting dust.

Iron your shirt, button your jacket and wear your hat. You agreed to do it when you got hired, remember? You want to be treated like a professional, then take the first step, and have some professional pride in your appearance. Regardless of how you feel about it, it does make a difference to the people getting on your jet.

Makes me cringe when I see some dope walking around the terminal with his jacket unbuttoned or with a nasty shirt on.

I cannot agree more also, you look like an inept fool walking around carrying your hat, have some pride. What the hell is wrong with tradition anyway?

Latest resources

Back