• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the Skywest Inc. Plan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alpa has sold us out but without alpa xjet and Skyw would both take forced cuts. Us being alpa helps both pilot groups.

Thank God Skyw bought xjet. Jerry's kids were in utter despair and leaving in droves until lxjet pilots leapt from bankruptcy and their superior business model to come to the rescue of the poor SkyWest pilot group.

Thank God Skyw bought xjet. Jerry's kids were in utter despair and leaving in droves until lxjet pilots leapt from bankruptcy and their superior business model to come to the rescue of the poor SkyWest pilot group.

This is the Skywest business model we are working under.

Just so you XJet guys know, the SkyWest airlines side of things is training at nearly 100% capacity right now! just to keep up with attrition and the new 175 coming online.

There is no way we could absorb the number of aircraft supposedly that could be transferred.

From the outside looking in, you have much more clout than is per sieved.

I have heard that Inc. is scared with 117 and the attrition rate. Vote no!

Seriously, I would vote no. The game is about to be changed - big time. We don't really know how, or to what extent, yet. But, I'm betting it will be severely in pilots' favor.

Either way, my guess is the ERJs are soon gone. To be replaced? By what? E175/190s? I don't know, but the "narrow-body" jungle jets are outta here. The 50-seat CRJs will only be around to satisfy scope provisions.

Regionals, however, aren't going away anytime soon. I doesn't make economic sense. That pilot pay is a huge factor in operating costs is utter BS. Not satisfied that there partners might be profitable, main line partners are squeezing regionals to boost their own profits. But taking any more out of labor costs is unsustainable. No reason to bid on contracts with no profit. And, you can't fulfill contracts with no pilots. Small jets cannot be run as efficiently by main line carriers.

The only reason majors will absorb regional feed into their ranks is to shore up their own pilot availability. But, will main line ALPA groups stoop to allow smaller jets at a "C-scale" - this time? Or, will history repeat itself while the regional model (and pilots) get blamed for all the woes of the profession?

One correction is Jerry and Skywest stopped moving ASA 700's due to cost and amount if down time.

The ASA reps have been convinced by company lawyers and executives that we are lucky to be where we are today.

One of the dumbest things Jerry did was agree with Delta to be the 2nd cheapest DCI carrier. Skywest Inc has left so much money on the table due to this and other provisions.

Do not lock into this contract for 5 plus years when attrition is about to ramp up big.

One of the dumbest things Jerry did was agree with Delta to be the 2nd cheapest DCI carrier. Skywest Inc has left so much money on the table due to this and other provisions.

The only problem, though, is that as a priviso of the contract, they are contractually obligated to do so. The lowest bidder may win a contract, but it's DL who's forcing everyone's hand by making them as close to that rate to retain current flying.

The only problem, though, is that as a priviso of the contract, they are contractually obligated to do so. The lowest bidder may win a contract, but it's DL who's forcing everyone's hand by making them as close to that rate to retain current flying.
We have not always had to be the second lowest cost provider. At some point Jerry agreed to a contract with this provision. Jerry is only contractually obligated to the contract because he signed the contract.

We have not always had to be the second lowest cost provider. At some point Jerry agreed to a contract with this provision. Jerry is only contractually obligated to the contract because he signed the contract.

Very true, and the time frame fits for what's happening now around the industry, especially with the proposed Express Jets TA. It appears that Express Jet and skywest will be whipsawed against each other to accommodate the up coming rate re-set. It is my opinion that it was the rate re-set agreement that sparked Delta's aggressive pressure on it's regional partners. Kind of cleaver for Skywest Inc. to agree to it. It essentially bought them more time.

Latest resources

Back