Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LJ45

Ok, NBAA time lets hear the wish list.

I liked to dump Honeywell and see the Collins proline 21 with WX and Charts in the 45...ie what they are doing with the 60XR.

What is your list and do you think they are going to move forward with the 45 or a "new" model?

A smart man once said "You can't polish a turd".

I enjoy flying the LR60 even with the small wing and tiny brakes but its time for something new. Id like to see a hybrid of the 60 and 45, maybe PW308 engines, the 45 wheels and brakes and a new wing design, all topped off with the Proline 21 avionics suite.I cant understand why on the 60XR they left the old annunciator panel instead of adding a fifth screen and making it a dedicated EICAS display. So lets add a five tube EFIS to my wish list.

Come to think of it, my list is starting to look a lot like the Challenger 300.

have a great day!!!!

I cant understand why on the 60XR they left the old annunciator panel instead of adding a fifth screen and making it a dedicated EICAS display. So lets add a five tube EFIS to my wish list.
quote]

Yes, they took the cheap way out knowing the 60's days in production are limited. I am tired of them talking in secret about a 60 type fuselage on the 45 wing with new engines.

I having a saying for you! "If you can't run with the big dogs keep your puppy a$$ on the porch" :)

That's the issue - anything you do to improve the LR60 is going to have a negative impact on CL300 sales, hence Bombardier is hestitant to do anything to significantly improve the Lear.

The LR60 is dramatically underwinged and underbraked, but my bet is that Montreal will never approve a Wichita science project to develop a new wing.

GV

Yeah, I would think we've seen the last upgrade of the 60. If they were thinking long-term they would have significantly upgraded it, as opposed to just putting in PL-21 and some new interior options. Heck, Duncan could do that.

If you put a real wing/brakes on a 60, as has previously been said, you're going to steal from some of the 300 sales.

It would be a fun experiment though. I think the best bet for any wing enhancements will come from Raisbeck.

I have yet to run out on the 60. Six to 8 sets of clubs no sweat if they bring the small bags...and everything else inside....of course the 40/45 has the 60 beat there.

I still chuckle at the comment that I read of one of the Learjet engineers on the 60XR saying "they went above and beyond the call of duty with the 60XR" He must be easily impressed!

Latest resources

Back