Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MINIME said:
C'mon people lets be realistic!
The fact is that just about everyone that's on this board that works for a regional is taking flying from the guys at mainline, right or wrong, like it or not. ACA- growing at UAL's and DAL's expense. Comair-growing at DAL's expense. ASA-growing at DAL's expense. Skywest-growing at UAL and DAL's expense. Penacle-growing at NWE's expense. COEX-growing despite furloughs due to downflow, at CAL's expense. EAGLE- adding more and bigger regional jets because of the reverse code share which frees up ASMs for them to do it, despite furloughs cause of downflow. American Connection-growing because of reverse code share which exempts them from ASMs. The list goes on and on. It is twisted and doesn't look good for us regional guys who want to go to a major. However, it looks even worse for those guys at the majors who lost their jobs with no end in sight.
Just my .02

Perhaps it's just semantics, but I beg to differ that I am "taking" any flying from anyone. Management is shifting the flying in my direction in an effort to keep the (parent) company alive. Don't you think that if DAL, or anyone else, could fill 6 or 8 757s and 767s on every single city pair they'd do it??? That would be best-case scenario for everyone. Don't make the formula complicated. It's really not at all.

Thats an interesting point. WHo says its Mainlines routes?? Maybe it was their route 5 years ago...But does it make it theirs? I think as soon as the economy shifts more positvely those routes will once again be flown by mainline pilots. The mainline can obviously not run profitable on some of these routes, and if not for some of the reigional carriers they would lose the route and lose money. I dont think anyone is at fault here except the economy.

FL000 I totally agree

None of us at the regional level have any control whatsoever about the current situation. Furthermore, none of us want or like to see any of our brothers loose their jobs no matter what they fly. Yes, it is true that the current economy is totally dictating what needs to be flown and where in order to keep the parent companies alive. I would like everyone to know that there was no malice intended on my previous post towards any pilot anywhere! My intention was merely to state the reality of what's really happening whether we like it or not. Yes, when the economy gets back on its own two, it is feaseable that we will see those beautiful giants once again cluttering the skies.:D

Hi!

American Connection is Chautauqua, flying ERJs, Corporate Airlines flying J-32s (19 seater) and Trans States Airlines, flying ERJs, ATRs, and J-41s (30 seater). American did this to save money as it is cheaper service than AA or AAEagle. They used to be TWAExpress before.

The reverse code-sharing is AA's way of getting around an APA seat-mile limit on AA feed.

The mainline unions could have prevented this if they would've insisted in their contracts that ALL flying be done by the mainline, and would've been willing to fly ALL aircraft for their airline, from 19 seats on up, and had realistic wage scales for all aircraft, from 19 seats up to the wide-bodies.

Cliff
GRB

H8U,
Boy do I have your number, terrible Gulfstream guys, SCABS, calling names. Usually that means that you are one yourself, so I would say by your attitude that must be some kind of SCAB and that you also were a PFT, but shucks, you didn't make it. Tough life isn't it. Enjoy.

I pulled up all of H8U's post, all he tries to do is say something about everything, everyone, and everybody, with an attitude straight from h*ll. He wants to be nothing but a pest so let him do his thing and he'll go away, to pop up as somebody else. Sure fun slamming him though as he has pissed everyone off.

How paradoxical

A scab and his gulfstream apprentice agree that they are not destroying the once honorable aviating profession.

Latest resources

Back