what has your union done >>>>>

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USA Jet for sure

For the time being where else is there to be? I am ex ALPA, ex Teamster, both airlines out of business. As Zantop shut down I had dues taken out of my last check. Unions can not make a sink purse out of a pigs ear.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, Union airline Zantop L-188 Capt, 3 man crews, 116K MGTOW, 34K payload. $60/hr, 60 hr guarantee, $3600 per month, 8 days off every month. Non union airline, DA-20 Capt 2 man crew 28K MGTOW, 5K payload $71/hr 55 hr guarantee, $3950/mo, 11 day off per month.

Theres a long trend of management impossing pay cuts on thier employees, then taking multi million dollar bonuses for themselves.

It's not just with the regionals either.

When will the unions stand up to management and point this BS out? Anyone with half a brain knows that pilots taking pay cuts isn't going to save the airline, or allow it to emerge from BK any faster.

It's a stupid game they play, and then all the Union can say is "We had our backs to the wall....."

Theres a long trend of management impossing pay cuts on thier employees, then taking multi million dollar bonuses for themselves.

It's not just with the regionals either.

When will the unions stand up to management and point this BS out? Anyone with half a brain knows that pilots taking pay cuts isn't going to save the airline, or allow it to emerge from BK any faster.

It's a stupid game they play, and then all the Union can say is "We had our backs to the wall....."

Not necessairly,,,

The unions said we saved jobs and avioded more furloughes by playing their stupid game...

Unions do not control hiring and firing... nor do they run companies...

If you want better protections move to France...

All the pilots that think management is the problem should get together and build an airline. Take the business plan to the financial markets, raise capital and start the airline. Then they could set any pay scale they wanted, hire any management they wanted and sell tickets for whatever price they wanted. Didn't someone write a book about this Animal Farm?

Not necessairly,,,

The unions said we saved jobs and avioded more furloughes by playing their stupid game...

Unions do not control hiring and firing... nor do they run companies...

If you want better protections move to France...

So then if Unions can't protect your job, or salary. What the hell is the point of one?

It's sad that you have to tell others to move to France if they want better protections. Are you saying that the French have the abilty that YOU and the Unions don't?

All the pilots that think management is the problem should get together and build an airline. Take the business plan to the financial markets, raise capital and start the airline. Then they could set any pay scale they wanted, hire any management they wanted and sell tickets for whatever price they wanted. Didn't someone write a book about this Animal Farm?

Air Line Pilots don't Run Airlines.....

Try booking a flight in Kiwi out of EWR.....

So then if Unions can't protect your job, or salary. What the hell is the point of one?

That is like saying if the murder rate isn't 0% what is the point of a police force? Why have one?

The reason we have a police force is so the murderrate isn't 50%....

Same with a union..you have one so there is a line...

It's sad that you have to tell others to move to France if they want better protections. Are you saying that the French have the abilty that YOU and the Unions don't?

I would imagine the French can do some things better than us... when it comes to labor law, workers rights are much better.....

Not sure if you realize it but our beloved America is not friendly to the working man.... especially since 2000.

It is just the way it is.... I don't want to move. I like my country just fine, but I do recognize reality......

Not sure if you realize it but our beloved America is not friendly to the working man.... especially since 2000.quote]

I think we all recognize this point. It also highlights the fact that whoever has the money writes the rules. My question is: Why hasn't ALPA had any big strikes lately to get the attention of management? To me, it seems if you take the ability to strike away from a Union (through whichever bankruptcy laws apply) then you're basically castrating the Union. They can "slow" down the inevitable paycuts and work increases, but isn't a Union supposed to have goals to attain for the workers?

Latest resources

Back