What happened to www.airnav.com?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daytonaflyer

I have been trying to get onto www.airnav.com for the last couple of days and no success. It doesn't even appear to be up. Has anybody had this problem? I hope they didn't go under or have a chatastrophic server failure...that's one of my favorite aviation sites.

Same here as of Friday afternoon, 7/14

They've always had slow loading webpages, and random outages. So I'm not all that surprised.

But I doubt (and hope not) that it will be down for good.

Daytonaflyer said:
I have been trying to get onto www.airnav.com for the last couple of days and no success. It doesn't even appear to be up. Has anybody had this problem? I hope they didn't go under or have a chatastrophic server failure...that's one of my favorite aviation sites.

I just did some sluthing and made a phone call about airnav. I don't know why airnav.com doesn't work, but go to:
http://216.55.182.43 and you will get Airnav. Must be some problem in the conversion from domain name to IP address. I believe they changed IP address and are having problems during the transition.

Sure seems like a name resolution/DNS issue from a recent IP address change. Give it another 24 to 48 hours to replicate the change thru out the DNS servers. Until then, http://216.55.182.43/ works direct/fast.

works fine now

Doesn't seem to be working again. Anybody else. I tried all the suggestions above.

Latest resources

Back