• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what happened at ASA on an ATR tonight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, they don't watch. This is however is the price of doing business at ASA. They think they can hire about 500 guys in a matter of days and everything will run smoothly. I'd hate to get the bill for one of those props. What are we talking like two hundred thousand dollars+. Ha Ha.

Just glad no one was hurt and the fuel farm didn't ignite and explode the whole D concourse in kerosene.

I wondered when something like this might happen. Watching the lead marshallers, I've noticed a few that don't really look at their wing walkers, especially in the last ten feet when they are slowing you to a stop

A few? You must be based in SLC...

Most of the guys parking a plane look all around to see if they look cool or something. It is like the cool thing to do, look around. I even see this when I buy food, they just look all around like I am not even there.

How about some hiring some people who might take the job seriously.

Oh, but wait that means higher pay and ASA would rather not do that.

av8erab said:
Most of the guys parking a plane look all around to see if they look cool or something. It is like the cool thing to do, look around. I even see this when I buy food, they just look all around like I am not even there.

How about some hiring some people who might take the job seriously.

This is called "ATLANTITUDE"

Is there something special about an ATR that makes this the marshaller's and not the crews fault?

Vandal said:
Is there something special about an ATR that makes this the marshaller's and not the crews fault?

Uh, ok... have you ever flown for a 121 airline? You see, we don't just pull into any parking spots. We have these ground workers, called marshallers who guide us into the spot and tell us where to go, and we can't park until they guide us in. We're taught to trust the marshallers and do exactly what they tell us to do. That's why the crew is not disciplined if an incident occurs and we were following directions. And the FAA has the same policy.

Why the cheap shot against the crew? Are YOU above reproach, or just a flaimbaiter trolling?

bailout said:
After waiting in the T/O line for over an hour, and then watching the fire trucks scream out and suround one of our RJs due to a false fire indication, when we get back to ATL we hear that a moving ATR hit a fuel truck and "parts were flying everywhere".

anyone know what happened?

Breiling was probably checking his makeup! Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)

I agree with Vandal, you would think the FO would notice a fuel cart sitting there as they passed by...Besides, as much as everybody complains about the rampers in ATL, all the more reason to be on the look-out and not so trusting.

Latest resources

Back