Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did the Trannies offer Midwest as a SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bob_Sacamano

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has the real scoop on what Airtran was offering Midwest as a SLI when they were talking? The reason I ask is that all of my friends at Airtran were excited beyond belief that SWA was buying them...for about 6 hours.

Now, all but one is puffing their chest out, exclaiming "We've been "pooped" on for too long and we're not going to take it anymore!!!" One guy went on to say they'd accept a relative seniority SLI or nothing...even though he's a senior (by AT standards) FO, and will get around an $80,000 raise. (Which I see is a bigger raise than he'd get by upgrading to Captain at AT...)

So my question is, what did the Airtran pilots think was a fair way to integrate the Midwest guys? Does anyone know?

Thanks,
bs

Aaah another useless thread posted to spread hate and anger amongst everyone. No one around here is puffing out their chest demanding anything. Please do not feed this troll.......Nothing to see here......move along

I'm not trying to spread hate and anger among anyone. I asked what AT offered Midwest. If you don't know, there's no need for you to respond. Or was the AT offer that bad?

I know what they offered ATA when they tried to buy our Midway operation - work the routes until we can hire replacements then hit the bricks!

I'm not trying to spread hate and anger among anyone. I asked what AT offered Midwest. If you don't know, there's no need for you to respond. Or was the AT offer that bad?
Oh...you aren't...well please let me be the first apologize to your @z! Backward attempt to get people to discuss their thoughts about how the SLI at the pending SWA/AAI should proceed based upon an SLI discussion between the unions of MEH and AAI over a deal that never happened.

You say that, if I don't know there is no need for me to respond, yet in your post you asked for Airtran pilot's OPINIONS about what we thought would have been fair. If they offered them Relative, DOH, or a staple, we were never told, so what difference does it make other than stir up angst about a deal that never happened.

We have been asked by our union not to discuss pending SLI issues regarding the SWA/AAI deal. I see your post as a feeble attempt to draw us all into a " You were going to do this to them...so it's fair for them to do this to you" food fight. Pointless.....

You certainly are defensive, Wes.

Quite the opposite, I'm not sure where you get that from. What reason would I have to be defensive?

If I were king of the NPA and I had decided that a staple was appropriate for the MEH deal (btw,I was not involved) what would be your point of bringing this up concerning the acquisition and integration of two different companies?

My impression of what probably happened during any hypothetical discussion between airline X and airline Z went like this

X: " our union leadership has decided to throw you guys under the bus!"

Y: " Great! Our union feels that we should staple you!"

X: "Fantastic! See you at the arbitration!

Y: " yep, see you then. Take care.

I remember hearing a rumor of a 7-1 ratio. I have no idea as to the scale at which that rumor is correct or incorrect. I'd bet every possibility was rumored at some point.

It doesn't matter what Tranny offered the MidEx folks. If anything at all, as it never went that far. In any event, if I recall, the MidEx MEC was standing behind their stellar management team and the TPG deal.

Right....who'll ever forget the "Save The Cookie" campaign? We all helped save the cooookiiiiie!!!

Latest resources

Back