What could NJA order super-mid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BentOver

Breakdown of companies and product possibilites...

Cessna- Ten (probably NJA's most popular a/c), Sovereign... The new one they just announced won't be ready for 5 years.

Hawker- 4000??? Didn't work so well the first time. Plus NJA cancelled a huge order in 2009

Dassault- Don't offer a super mid cabin a/c

Gulfstream- apparently out of the running/did not bid... G200/250?

Bombardier- Lear 85..ready by 2013, already starting production. CL-300, probably the frontrunner and best product in this category.

Embrear- Legacy 450/500....could be a good choice, however it's a new design and comes with new plane problems.

Opinions? additions?

Also, any ideas on what NJA could/would possibly dispose of along with a purchase order? They got rid of the Ultra's and -800's with the last two announcements... What's next? -400's? And......?

Breakdown of companies and product possibilites...

Cessna- Ten (probably NJA's most popular a/c), Sovereign... The new one they just announced won't be ready for 5 years.

Hawker- 4000??? Didn't work so well the first time. Plus NJA cancelled a huge order in 2009

Dassault- Don't offer a super mid cabin a/c

Gulfstream- apparently out of the running/did not bid... G200/250?

Bombardier- Lear 85..ready by 2013, already starting production. CL-300, probably the frontrunner and best product in this category.

Embrear- Legacy 450/500....could be a good choice, however it's a new design and comes with new plane problems.

Opinions? additions?

Also, any ideas on what NJA could/would possibly dispose of along with a purchase order? They got rid of the Ultra's and -800's with the last two announcements... What's next? -400's? And......?

It's a crapshoot. Those Netjets F2000s are starting to look a bit worn and used.... With the previous Phenom 300 order, I'll bet Netjets gets a nice discount on the Legacy 500. That looks like a great airplane (although with new-airplane bugs). The FBW could be interesting in that aircraft.

I guess the G280 could also be possible given Netjets' current use of the GTOOUGLY. The CL300 would be an excellent addition but it is already used by XOJet and Flexjet - why join the crowd? Won't Netjets try to differentiate its product offering with something newer and more high-tech?

Last edited:
In a nutshell, no, IMO, they'll go with whoever gives the the best bang for the buck....

I've heard the G200 are well liked by owners, but I've also read that Gulfstream may or may not be in the running this time?

Agree about the Legacy. Embrear wants in the business market and NJA is the largest player. Probably get a sweet deal. But the new airplane smell sometimes stinks??

When you look at it there really isn't that many products to choose from.

In a nutshell, no, IMO, they'll go with whoever gives the the best bang for the buck....

I've heard the G200 are well liked by owners, but I've also read that Gulfstream may or may not be in the running this time?

Agree about the Legacy. Embrear wants in the business market and NJA is the largest player. Probably get a sweet deal. But the new airplane smell sometimes stinks??

When you look at it there really isn't that many products to choose from.

Both Embraer and Gulfstream are probably willing to discount heavily to get their respective aircraft into the mainstream - and fractional operators is one way to do it. How will they recoup their big investments without big deals? I have to admit that the G280 looks pretty interesting with the new cockpit technology and the proven appeal of the G200 interior for current customers.

The Embraer Legacy 500 will be a technology leader for its size, but you can bet Netjets would absolutely REQUIRE performance guarantees backed up by serious cash for penalties. Netjets won't want to risk its reputation - but a great discount and superior technology (to highlight in marketing to sell more shares or Marquis cards) might help. While Embraer probably offered a good discount for the Phenom 300s, I bet that Netjets is also using this opportunity to test Embraer's ability to back-up its promises and hit its development timelines. Netjets could be testing this relationship to see if a Legacy 500 order would potentially work down the road. I've looked at the Legacy 500 and it is going to be an awesome aircraft for both the pilots and the passengers (if the new-aircraft bugs are worked out early).

I doubt if this is a problem for NJ, but there are several countries (especially in the middle east) where you cannot operate a G200/100/Astra/Westwind.

Turbine DC3T,converted for Pax, good for 2500 foot unimproved strips, pressurization is an option, luxury interior for 15 pax, HTO will be like JFK for this ship.

Super mid will b the F2000S or CL300. Both are the same $24mil price tag. Auto throttles and IRS are available with the 2000. Neither of which can be had on the 300 unless Bombardier plans to spice it up some. Of course all bets could be off if HB gives the H4000 away at cost.

Super mid will b the F2000S or CL300. Both are the same $24mil price tag. Auto throttles and IRS are available with the 2000. Neither of which can be had on the 300 unless Bombardier plans to spice it up some. Of course all bets could be off if HB gives the H4000 away at cost.

Interesting... cancel order only to re-purchase at a much cheaper price.... And it would only cost NJA the cancellation fee. Hawker is hurting (along with Cessna)... So crazy it just might work!! I still think the -300 will be it, as long as Bombardier gives a sweet deal. Which I think they did already with the Globals.

Of course, as far as I know, NJA already has the training platform for the 4000. And already has guys typed etc.. Would make for an easy start-up to training. Save some $$ there.

Latest resources

Back