• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's actually quite a simple solution. Allow only pilots coming directly out of the military to fly for the airlines. That way all the civilian whores would not be eligible to fly for peanuts. Supply would be resticted, therefore demand and wages would go up. All you civilian CFIs could continue to teach private pilots and such because who cares how much they make as they are not eligible to become airline pilots

You'd be out of a job then!

This is beginning to sound like flame bait, but I can't resist. What kind of hosed up financing do you have? 90k is more than me and my wife have EVER made. We have never made more than @ 40k except when we were both activated for the war, and then we came closer. Who would buy a new car or truck and have it depreciate immediately? A house, you mean the one we've been living in for over 15 years? And kids, both of ours have gone to collage, and our daughter is going back for more!
Now does this mean I believe that pilots should be paid the same for driving larger equipment? Of course not. It seems to me that 70 seats should pretty much be the limit for regional equipment. Much bigger and you pretty much have main line size airplanes. Yes, some of us would be happy making 90k and flying regional jets/turbos. And yes, WE have to stand up for ourselves. But if you're not happy where you are, then go someplace else where you will be and stop whining about your job. Nobody made you become a pilot. No one is making you fly airplanes. If you're not happy doing what it is you're doing, then maybe a career change is in order.
You remind me of the main line guys I hear at the Guard complain about their jobs. Blaa blaa blaa.Boo whoo whooo. I only make $65/hr. I only make $120,000 after 3 years, U-L stinks, blaaa blaaa, blaaaa. If all of you guys are so unhappy, WHY DO YOU STAY? Could it be because no where else that I'm aware of can you make a descent living, travel,have roughtly 2weeks off a month, and do what you LOVE; flying airplanes! If you're doing for the money, you chose poorly to begin with.
It should always be about what makes you happy. And no place I've ever worked has been perfect. And it can(and sometimes will)get worse before it gets better. Hate to use the old cliche, but if you aren't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
A man that is unhappy here, will seldom be happy somewhere else.
That's my 2 penny's, adjusted for inflation!

Superpilot92 said:
What a bunch of idiots. Thats like shooting for second place because your to lazy to try for 1st place. Your thoughts are so lame. I should make 150k but 90k is ok, at least i can afford a USED car. Freaking idiots. Alot of yall have no self worth.

I for one worked hard through college and flight training and busted my but to get into this industry so i could make a good living and get paid what i EARNED!!!

Yeah I forgot you work at Express Jet. You are rolling in the dough aren't you? Congrats...you can top out at $90/hr on your 50 seaters, which the rates at CHQ are actually higher than yours on the 50 seaters at the top of the scale. Wait, that can't be possible can it since CHQ are "bottom feeders."

RP170 said:
Yeah I forgot you work at Express Jet. You are rolling in the dough aren't you? Congrats...you can top out at $90/hr on your 50 seaters, which the rates at CHQ are actually higher than yours on the 50 seaters at the top of the scale. Wait, that can't be possible can it since CHQ are "bottom feeders."

Express Jet does have a kick a$$ contract. But, don't act like Express Jet pay is better than everyone else's beacuse it's not. Secondly, You know good and well if XJT had the chance to get E170's or CRJ7's you guys would jump on it.

RP170 said:

Yeah but you get to fly a 70 seat maybe a 90 seat for 50 seat pay. None of us get paid enough. Oh and have you seen our contract compared to yalls? After you compare them then get back to me.

Hey Super, I remember you from a couple months ago, you were all humble, wanting to get the XJet job, then you got it, now you are all on the war path, what happened to you?

8HourPilot said:
Hey Super, I remember you from a couple months ago, you were all humble, wanting to get the XJet job, then you got it, now you are all on the war path, what happened to you?

I am still humble and enjoy my job, i just cant stand people who flat out say how they wouldnt mind making average wages and would love nothing more than to bring down the majors so they can expand. Its just lazy. Read some of the posts some of these CHQ guys are posting. it just gets me going. The job is going great though and i am based in H town now so i am back home. Its great i get to spend alot more time with my wife and son.

I for one still want to move on to a major and or get paid more.

Last edited:
Superpilot92 said:
I am still humble and enjoy my job, i just cant stand people who flat out say how they wouldnt mind making average wages and would love nothing more than to bring down the majors so they can expand. Its just lazy. Read some of the posts some of these CHQ guys are posting. it just gets me going. The job is going great though and i am based in H town now so i am back home. Its great i get to spend alot more time with my wife and son.

I for one still want to move on to a major and or get paid more.

We would all like to move on to the majors and make more money. Just dont Generalize "those CHQ guys", because the majority of us are flighting for the majors and would rather the E190 or even B732 for that matter to stay at the Majors. 85% of us are in the same boat as you, including RP170 among others on this board.

Latest resources

Back