• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Westwind 2 Minimum Fuel Requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said I target about 1000 per side on a normal day. If the weather starts to fall I fly the plane more effiecentlly saving fuel you can make alot of fuel by flying slower staying high and not flying at 350 kias more like 280 kias . If the weather is good I,ll haul a$$ typically descend 330 plus knots I,m landing around 900 pounds per side with almost 3000 hrs in WW24's this has worked just fine.

typically I use 1800# 1st hour about 1600# 2nd hr and around 1450 the 3rd. But if I,m climbing out hot and heavy my first hour is more like 2000 pounds.Descends can vary depends how you fly it. 1200 is a pretty good number for descends. If you run a constant mach for long range cruise you can get the fuel burn way down . I've done 5:45 hrs and still had 900 per side. When we went to Europe before we were RVSM we'd fly at fl260 3.7 hours and have 2400 pounds left over.
Daveman said:
Off the topic: If you use fltplan.com. what are your fuel burn #'s?

Good numbers. How do you incorporate these #'s in fltplan.com? That's my question. The A/C performance page asks for fuel burn from 1k to 450.
I use fltplan, but would also like to utilize the fuel burn section.
I/we use the numbers you stated and they work great. I just like some backup/other information. Thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back