Weekend CFI Renewal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cj610

Anybody here done one of those weekend CFI renewal courses? I saw a previous post where someone seemed to like the ASF renewal course. Anyone done any others which they liked?

I know there is the option to do it online...but I don't want to sit in front of computer for that long.

CJ610

I think that one of the companies that does those weekend ground school courses for the knowledge tests does them.

But for my money, I'd rather do the ASF one. Good instructors, excellent materials, and, from what I've seen, very well attended - good chance for some networking over lunch.

I just finished my first CFIRC on-line using the American Flyers program. $125 and it is good for lifetime renewals.

I used the American Flyers online also.

There are ways around the "sitting in front of computer" problem. ;)

cj610 said:
Anybody here done one of those weekend CFI renewal courses? I saw a previous post where someone seemed to like the ASF renewal course. Anyone done any others which they liked?

I know there is the option to do it online...but I don't want to sit in front of computer for that long.

CJ610

Check out the Gleim course at www.gleim.com
It $99.00 and you do it over the internet.
After you complete the tests, just print the certificate and take it down to FSDO.
It's an all day event if you try to do it in one shot.
I spent about 3 hours a day, over three days to complete it.

I use the JEpp CFI online renewal. I usually do it while sitting in hotels. You can do it in a couple of days if you want or just do a little each day. Very convenient.

ASF

I attended the ASF Weekend course in October last year. If you're into interaction with others I recommend paying the extra $$. There were probably around 60 people who attended ranging from newer CFI's to Airline Captains.

Latest resources

Back