• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wear Uniform to jumpseat on Spirit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just called their jumpseat line. They told me OAL pilots have to wear uniform for the cockpit jumpseat. Is this true?

No, no. From our FOM:

"All jumpseaters (flight deck or cabin) will observe strict professional conduct and be in full uniform or wear appropriate clothing for interline travel."

Our FOM 2.12 if you have any problems. ;)

excellent... thanks... I jump on airtran/ SW and delta all the time and never once been asked to wear a UNI.... glad to hear it.

thanks

It would be helpful to all involved if you were in uniform to ride on the FA jumpseat. (Yes, that would be available on the A319 or A321 to offline pilots if every other seat is full.)

Last edited:
Oh yeah.....forgot to mention the nice F/A jumpseat ability too. Wish all airlines had that. Wearing the uniform makes things easy.

I doubt any of our pilots would turn you away for not being in uniform, but why not just wear it?
It obviously makes getting through security easier, and as has been already said above, I believe it is required to occupy an FA jumpseat.

Last edited:
Any special details concerning jumpseating to Bogota out of FLL?
Time to check in?
Listing, via web or phone call?

thanks!!

Any special details concerning jumpseating to Bogota out of FLL?
Time to check in?
Listing, via web or phone call?

thanks!!

1) Make sure your airline has international jumpseat agreement with Spirit.

2) List via phone up to 72 hours prior to travel. You may wait on hold for a while but it is still highly recommended.

3) Check in 2 hours ahead of departure. You can have your docs checked at the customer service center inside of security in FLL.

just called their jumpseat line. They told me OAL pilots have to wear uniform for the cockpit jumpseat. Is this true?

I can confirm that this is true. I was informed I had to be in my pilot uniform. Since I wasn't, the gate agent allowed me to jumpseat, but I had to pay a non-uniform compliance fee.

;)

I doubt any of our pilots would turn you away for not being in uniform, but why not just wear it?
It obviously makes getting through security easier, and as has been already said above, I believe it is required to occupy an FA jumpseat.

That is my understanding about the FA jumpseat. Plus in uniform they TSA twits won't try to take my toothpaste.

Spirit has treated me great while jumpseating.

Additional bonus, thanks to their carryon charge, they are one of the few airlines that consistently has overhead bin space for non-revs.

Latest resources

Back