Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We would like to invite you to Salt Lake City for a First Officer group interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone have any more updated info? IE, if the interview dates are full? How many people they are hiring in April and May? If there will be an RJ class soon? I would take either plane, I just want the job. The rumor that I saw on the board is that they are going to hire 500 this year. But that could be totally false.
Everyday is the same, study for the interview, then fly with my students, then study somemore. I hear that the SkyWest interview is one of the hardest out there.

NWaviator said:
I would take either plane, I just want the job. .

Look bud, I'd watch what you say once and if you get there. We were all the koolair drinkers at one point, but now we're all trying to earn a living for our families and further our careers. We don't like it when a guy comes in acting like he'll do it for free. But to answer your question:

all new hires are gonna go to the EMB because we have a bunch of EMB guys wanting to transition to the RJ. Besides, you'll like not sitting reserve for six months on the RJ. But you won't like the 8 leg days! Just remember, one day your gonna be tired of flying for close to nothing and theres gonna be some newbie coming along saying he just wants the job and he'll do anything for it.

Being open to flying either plane doesn't really equate to being willing to fly for free. Get off your high horse - if anything it's great that NWaviator is willing to do what it takes to work for a decent company!

I have always looked at these places as a stepping stone to something bigger. Welcome aboard, get the expirience, give them your most honest day's work, collect your $200 and pass GO. Whenever something better for the family and you comes along, make the jump.

There are some disgruntled out there because of the choices they had to do, or they chose to do. In doing so, they have closed the doors to furthering their careers pass the regional pilot level. Many of those people now flight the system to try to get it to compensate better, which I think is good.

Just becareful of the decisions you make while at a regional. Settling comfortably, buying a house, and having lots of kids limits your mobility to make sacrifices to invest for future career developement.

It is the old typical QOL vs. Career building.

That is my opinion.

difete said:
I have always looked at these places as a stepping stone to something bigger. Welcome aboard, get the expirience, give them your most honest day's work, collect your $200 and pass GO. Whenever something better for the family and you comes along, make the jump.

There are some disgruntled out there because of the choices they had to do, or they chose to do. In doing so, they have closed the doors to furthering their careers pass the regional pilot level. Many of those people now flight the system to try to get it to compensate better, which I think is good.

Just becareful of the decisions you make while at a regional. Settling comfortably, buying a house, and having lots of kids limits your mobility to make sacrifices to invest for future career developement.

It is the old typical QOL vs. Career building.

That is my opinion.

Yeah..."Be careful and put your life on hold indefinitly so you don't close any doors." God forbid you try and have a family and a life! Maybe a "Professional Pilot" should expect to be compensated well enough regardless of where he works so that he can have a life and a family?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAA,
I gues you are borrowing my "jump to conclusions mat" today. I am interested in flying with SkyWest, Horizon and XJT. I believe that those are the best and most "grounded" airlines for me. ThreeGreen had it right, thanks for helping out. I don't care if I get the Bro or RJ, I just want to work for SkyWest. For sure I am on the same level as you with pilots getting paid and supporting our families.

Anyways, does anyone have the answers to the questions that I posted earlier? How many people they are going to hire in the next couple months?
How many interview sessions they have open? Thanks.

i just got a line for the bro in FAT, took six months. Hopefully the new hires wont have to wait that long. There is movement so thats good. While on reserve i did go a month and ten days without getting called. Not to bad to get paid to watch college basketball.

Latest resources

Back