• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Waterski went waterskiing off the runway again in YOW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe Canada should consider grooved and crowned runways, oh and some reflective paint would be nice for night ops too. I don't understand why the rest world hasn't adopted these policies. Numerous overruns on wet runways and nothing is done.

Great points.

I love the company's press release. The company spokesperson or whomever wrote it apparently doesn't know the difference between heavy metal and the past tense of the verb lead.

Maybe Canada should consider grooved and crowned runways, oh and some reflective paint would be nice for night ops too. I don't understand why the rest world hasn't adopted these policies. Numerous overruns on wet runways and nothing is done.

While that would be a good thing, I don't see any other airlines sailing off the end...

While that would be a good thing, I don't see any other airlines sailing off the end...

How many emb operators fly into there with out TR's? There's food for thought

Fair point, but it doesn't look like they were off the end of the runway. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but they appear to have departed the left side. Anyone know how far down 07 they were?

Looks like the runway is 8000x200

The June 2010 departure was an E145 also.

Last edited:
They were landing on 32. The other two excursions - one went off the end of 7 and the other off 25. This incident they went off the left side of 32 about 3/4 of the way down the runway.

From the passenger and witness reports it looks like as soon as they touched down a squall was rolling right over the airport. But who knows...

They were landing on 32. The other two excursions - one went off the end of 7 and the other off 25. This incident they went off the left side of 32 about 3/4 of the way down the runway.

From the passenger and witness reports it looks like as soon as they touched down a squall was rolling right over the airport. But who knows...

Just looking at the METARs during that timeframe....looks rather wet and windy.

Not my cup o tea when operating an airplane into and out of Canadia.

Latest resources

Back