Washington National (KDCA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tracearabians

Is Washington National still closed to general aviation ? I called the airport authority there and was told they didn't know and put me through to the tower . They wouldn't answer the phone .

You can fly there if you are part of the TSA DC Access Program. You have to develop a training plan, a manual, get TSA approval and your pilots have to pass a 10 year background check. You can then fly there after passing through a gateway city where you must unload all of your crew and pax for a TSA screening, throw all of the drinks in your cabin away and put a Federal Air Marsal on-board to kill the pilots if they try to crash into a building.

You can fly there if you are part of the TSA DC Access Program. You have to develop a training plan, a manual, get TSA approval and your pilots have to pass a 10 year background check. You can then fly there after passing through a gateway city where you must unload all of your crew and pax for a TSA screening, throw all of the drinks in your cabin away and put a Federal Air Marsal on-board to kill the pilots if they try to crash into a building.

Thanks ! We will land at Manassus .

We jumped through the hoops, and do the monkey motion to get in. What we do different, is that the people take a limo in, but we pick them up at DCA. We do have our own air marshalls.

Not the best (until we get a CLE gateway), but workable and the bosses seem to like it better.

IAD is a much better choice than HEF (Manassas) and it is closer.

My vote goes to HEF. By the time you get taxied in an IAD, the pax can already be halfway to town, plus the gas is cheaper. Maybe its just me, but every time I've been to IAD, at least one of the taxi's was 30 min. or more.

Latest resources

Back