• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Want to fly a 787 out of JFK?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish they would hire all of us regional guys/girls trying to move on. Obviously ALPA does not care about the lowly regional pilots. I mean we make substandard wages compared to mainline and they want us to take further paycuts and concessions. All of of sudden ALPA cares about pay and floods my mailbox about wal marting this industry because it's not an RJ flying these routes. I am so tired of ALPA and their double standard between regional and mainline pilots.

I am actually rooting for all the foreign carriers to come in here and decimate their competition. I am so burned out of this industry and the ALPA antics of trying to improve it. 20k first year pay for a regional pilot is fine by ALPA but anything less than mainline pay on larger equipment and ALPA shows their true colors. they only care about mainline

I am actually rooting for all the foreign carriers to come in here and decimate their competition. I am so burned out of this industry and the ALPA antics of trying to improve it. 20k first year pay for a regional pilot is fine by ALPA but anything less than mainline pay on larger equipment and ALPA shows their true colors. they only care about mainline

So you want the decent paying US pilot jobs to be destroyed like the US maritime industry? How exactly does that help your career? I understand the frustration with ALPA, but you can't see the forrest for the trees.

That's the beauty of it i just don't give a damn anymore. I would love to see someone come in here and lower the bar for mainline pilots. Let them get whipsawed like us regional pilots with the hope that ALPA will help stop the race to the bottom. But don't worry this so called pilot shortage means that foreign carriers will be unable to find pilots and we soon will all be at mainline.

I'm in! Any info on hiring there? Wonder if their pilots get chocolate sundaes during flight? :)

"The largest U.S. pilots' union has also opposed the application, claiming that Norwegian is promoting a race to the bottom in airline pay."

And...ALPA isn't?

Just saw this - it might impact hiring...

ALPA Lauds U.S. House Action to Block Federal Transportation Funds from Skewing Marketplace against U.S. Airlines
Would Block U.S. Foreign Air Carrier Permits for Flag-of-Convenience Models Such As NAI
WASHINGTON??The Air Line Pilots Association, Int?l (ALPA) commends an amendment passed unanimously by voice vote today by the U.S. House of Representatives that would help safeguard the U.S. airline industry?s ability to compete on a level playing field by making certain that federal transportation funds are not used to grant foreign airlines that violate U.S. law or the U.S.-EU Air Transport Agreement access to U.S. markets.
?Thanks to the tremendous leadership of Rep. Westmoreland and Rep. DeFazio, this amendment specifically prohibits shopping for cheap labor and simply requires the Department of Transportation to follow the law and provisions agreed to in the U.S.-EU Transport Agreement,? said Capt. Lee Moak, ALPA?s president. ?Congress has a responsibility to make sure that U.S. airlines do business in a fair marketplace and that the U.S. government?s transportation funds don?t hand an advantage to foreign airlines that try to cheat the system.?
Introduced by Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) and Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.), the amendment to the Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2015 (H.R. 4745) stipulates that none of the funds in the bill may be used to approve a foreign air carrier permit or application ?where such approval would contravene United States law or Article 17 bis of the U.S.-E.U.-Iceland-Norway Air Transport Agreement.?
The amendment passed today would prevent the Department of Transportation from approving Norwegian Air International?s (NAI) foreign air carrier permit application because the airline?s operations would contradict the U.S.?EU Air Transport Agreement, which specifically prohibits any efforts to undermine labor standards.
Despite the fact that Norwegian Air Shuttle, NAI?s parent company, has centered its operations in Norway and that NAI does not plan to fly to or from Ireland, the company has gained permission from Ireland to operate its long-haul flights as an Irish airline expressly to avoid Norway?s employment laws. With an Irish air operator certificate, NAI will outsource its flight crews through a Singapore employment company using individual contracts with wages well below those of the company?s Norway-based employees.
?By passing this amendment that blocks the Norwegian Air International scheme and any similar bid to contravene the U.S.-EU Air Transport Agreement, the U.S. House has taken a strong stand for fair competition for U.S. airlines,? said Capt. Moak. ?We urge the U.S. Senate to support the U.S. House position and send a clear signal that Congress is committed to ensuring U.S. airlines and their employees do business on a level playing field.?
Founded in 1931, ALPA is the world?s largest pilot union, representing more than 51,000 pilots at 32 airlines in the United States and Canada.

That's the beauty of it i just don't give a damn anymore. I would love to see someone come in here and lower the bar for mainline pilots. Let them get whipsawed like us regional pilots with the hope that ALPA will help stop the race to the bottom. But don't worry this so called pilot shortage means that foreign carriers will be unable to find pilots and we soon will all be at mainline.

The beauty of it!? Talk about hacking off your nose to spite your face. It hasn't always been a picnic for all mainline pilots either.

Most of us at regionals aspire to work for one of the mainline US carriers. I'd rather that those be solid careers for myself and others to move onto - not some opaque, dodgy, Irish-Norwegian-Singaporean quasi airline. When they work as hard as they have to dodge regulatory issues, you can be damn sure they'll weasel out of any obligations to their labor groups at their first convenience.

2200 whole hours and you're already primed to burn the whole thing to the ground!? When one sets out on revenge, always be prepared to dig two graves.

I'm in! Any info on hiring there? Wonder if their pilots get chocolate sundaes during flight? :)

You can always go back to Vietnam Freeturd. They are waiting for you. An ATR FO slot is probably open with your name on it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back