Walker's Cay and Numbers for BE200/F90

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Humblepilot

Folks can someone advise me the length of the runway at Walker's Cay. Also if anyone has access to the books for an F90 and or a 200 wondering if you keep the fuel load down/and the gross weight down if you can get in and out of there. Many thanks for your time.

Humble

MYAW - 27.16N 78.24W - AOE
Runway - 9/27 2,500' x 800 asphalt - Fair Condition
elevation: 12'
<Unicom - 122.8> left hand traffic
Nav Aids:
NDB - 280 ZWC
FSS - Miami - 126.9, MIA
Freeport Radio - 122.3<File or Cancel from Altitude>

Lights - None
Windsock - NW corner at intersection of runways on top of bldg.
Obstacles - 300' Towers east
Fuel - Jet, no oil available
Status - Private
Customs / Immigration: 7 days Winter: 9am - 5:00pm
Landing fees: $7 single, $12 for hotel guests, charters: $25, All fees paid on arrival
Before 8am and after 5 pm and weekends / holidays - overtime charged
Facilities: 1.800.WALKERS, 242.353.1252

I've seen 90's in there before, but I don't have any info on them.

I've taken our F-90 in there a couple of times, it's a little hairy, land on the numbers and full reverse and you have it made. As far as take-off goes, I wouldn't blast out of there at max gross, which on our airplane is 11,950#, but I've left out of there at about 10,000#, hold the brakes, power all the way up, and take-off flaps. You use most of the runway, i.e. no accelerate stop, but it is doeable. I've never seen a 200 in there, but several 90's. Hope this helps.

been in there a bunch with a 200. Not a problem at all. Pretty nice runway for the islands.

I was going to say, yeah the 200 could do it. If you don't have much short field practice in those planes, I would go out and get some with a long runway, just practice on it as if it were 2500 and get the feel of it. Make sure you tell your PAXs not to freak out if the braking is a little hard. Have fun.

SD

We used to do Walkers 3 times a week in a Baron and before the Baron it was an F90. Always left with a full load (people and bags) and shot over to Ft. Pierce for customs and fuel. You have plenty of room for the F90.

yeah go to ft pierce to clear DON't go to PBI. Too many planes going in there and they aren't very nice. Ft. Pierce is laid back and actually nice.

B200 #s - landing w/o reversing at SL 30* day full flaps = about 1900' or 3000' over 50' obst. I'm pretty sure there is nothing at either end of runway but water. T/O flaps appr = 2000' or 2700' over 50'. Forget about accl. stop/go. Better be confident in your short T/O and Land technique and good brakes and tires. You do this often and you will go through many tires and brakes = $. Would hate to have a mechanical there. Parking could be an issue too if there is an event going on. We have refused 135 trips there just for the wear and tear and the no room for error performance. I like to have and some would argue that accel. stop is required. KFPR airport and customs can be easier and less congested than PBI, but the ATC coordination is awful. Center releases you 10 miles or less out and the Twr (non-radar) half the time doesn't know who you are and you have 10 - 15 other training aircraft in the area entering or exiting the pattern. I've had the most airport traffic pattern conflicts at this airport more than any other.

Oh and those #s are for max gross, 0 wind - so you can buy yourself some room if you reduce weight significantly, but is still pucker departure if not landing. Remember the condition of the Bahama runways are always suspect. Ones reported as good condition are good for Bahama standards, not US. Using full reverse will most likely put a dings in your props.

Latest resources

Back