Wal Mart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boring?

Northwest Arkansas is only boring if you don't like beautiful big green trees, the Ozark mountains, Beaver Lake, fishing, hunting, taking your wife shopping in Eureka Springs and living around some really great friendly people.

The population of Northwest Arkansas is growing at over 1000 people per week! It is the fastest growing city and county population of anywhere in the country. Things are changing quickly.

I don't live there, but visit often. Go see for yourself, it's actually a great place to raise a family.

But like the last guy, if you need a big city to fill your days, this is not the place.

Ya I know. I was only goofin for some laughs ya all. I have flown into wal mart land with freight many times. Even spent the night a few times. It is everything you say and more. But it is so easy to make fun of Arkansas I just can't help myself! Don't take it so seriously. Get a sense of humor will ya.

Oh and to anyone considering applying to Wall Mart. DO IT! I have run into lots of airpersons who work there or have worked there over the years and they all loved it. Great company!

What is the process to apply? I sent a resume via the link on their website.

What criteria do they use to determine who they call?

Is there any information on-line anywhere that describes the interview process or provides any interview prep?

Thanks in advance

Question. I've been on this site for a year or so now and I've seen Walmart hiring ads several times. Is this due to an expansion of their flight department, retirements, or attrition? If it's the latter then this sounds a little scarey for such a large corporation.

I don't know why they are hiring. Butt every one I know who works there really likes it. They say almost all the trips are out and backs. Very little hotel time and you are home most weekends. What's not to like about that! They have the largest fleet of lears that I know of. Maybe the attrition is do to f.o.'s who want to try some other plane on for size? You know, the guy's who want to be airline pilots and such.

Hello All,

I have not heard of any up and coming hiring. We hired three a couple of months ago and they are just now getting out of school. They will not be on line for another month or so. We have had very little attrition here, a couple of retirements but that is it. Our fleet of planes and pilots are steadily growing and we will probably do some hiring next year. That is a probably, I personally have no information when and if we will, but reading the tea leaves, says next spring sometime. If we start to interview again, I will post it here and let everybody know. Good luck to all

Latest resources

Back