Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
It seems this thread had been hi-jacked in the past, but I thought I'd try it again.

I got a call from Sandy in the home office stating that Wal Mart is gearing up to interview for open pilot positions. Would anybody like to share their interview experience and offer any specific advice or gouge? I'm excited about the possible opportunity and grateful for any shared knowledge.

Tailwinds...

Wal-Mart Pay

Lear FOs start at $43,000/YR. That is competitive for a small corporate jet.

Tailwinds...

:)

Do I have to also work as a checkout clerk ? If not I would love to fly for Wal Mart? Do they have min posted times?

Wal-Mart has not posted any mins that I know of. Probably, my mins are now considered competitive: 4500+ TT, 2800+ Turbine, LJ experience and at least a four year degree (I am 5/6 done with my MS). Does that help, probably not. Why peolpe bash the pay and upgrade time is beyond me when the regionals can't offer anything better by far. $43,000 plus is really competitive for a small corporate jet. I've nearly done it all in my six year flying career (save military, although I've towed targets for them) and will say QOL is by far the most important aspect of any flying career, or any career for that matter.

Tailwinds...

Have fun trying to live in Bentonville on that if you have a family.It's all perspective. If you have spent your career working for the regionals making slave wages, it's a great deal. But if you have spent your entire career in corporate aviation, it's a let down. They are 2 different worlds! We are'nt talkin about some fly-by-night corporation. They are the largest company in the world. I imagine they have a hard time finding experienced career corporate aviators to fill their positions. I just hope they eventually bring their pay up (or at least negotiate). But I highly doubt it when you have so many folks willing to take the job.

O, I guess my time is not high enough! I figured. Hey I am almost done with my Masters too, I grad this December!!! Although, I will not use the degree for flying; its kinda hard to use a department of defense and strategic studies MS degree in the air! O well, maybe I could fly for the CIA or FBI.

Thanks for the info

Cyah

Justino

g159av8tor said:
Lear FOs start at $43,000/YR. That is competitive for a small corporate jet.

Tailwinds...
I don't think competitive is the right word.

My buddy was hired at a very good corporate gig this year. As an FO he starts at 90K.

43K sounds like WalMart wages - oh, oops, uh....

If he's making 90k as an FO on a jet the size of a Lear 31....then please, point me in that direction. :) As far as Wal-Mart, the biggest draw back I've heard is living in Bentonville with virtually no airline travel benefits, and that advancement is usually to those that brown nose the most rather than those that have the most seniority. Again, these are only rumors though. Its definitely a lot better than some other corporate gigs out there.

Last edited:
English said:
I don't think competitive is the right word.

My buddy was hired at a very good corporate gig this year. As an FO he starts at 90K.

43K sounds like WalMart wages - oh, oops, uh....
I had to jump in here...

If you really believe that your post has any intelligence behind it whatsoever, well, check yourself in to a mental facility IMMEDIATELY!!! If there is ANYONE out there (inside the U.S.) paying 90K for a Learjet 30 series F.O. to start then that employer is as whacked as you are... And to think I would ever say a pilot is overpaid. :rolleyes:

Now, if your buddy started at 90K as a Global, Gulfstream, Falcon, etc... FO, then that would be believable. If that's the case your post is just flamebait.

Either way you are an idiot. PERIOD!

Bottom line, from what I have seen and heard from meeting some of their guys on the road it's a pretty fair deal with positives and negatives just like everywhere else. No matter what your mentally distorted grand visions of pay scales tell you, $43,000 / yr. is a fair wage for the position. Especially in the AR region.

Please tell us where your padded cell is located and we'll have the internet connection turned off...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back