• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin pilot denied ipad makes $1M claim

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For me the concept of somebody getting injured because they lifted 40lbs. Is indicative that they need to spend less time in McDonalds and more time exercising.

For me the concept of somebody getting injured because they lifted 40lbs. Is indicative that they need to spend less time in McDonalds and more time exercising.

I dontthink it's just the weight alone. It's how one contorts themselves to situate the weight in the appropriate mechanics.

Delta cp told me once that you wouldn't believe the amount of guys out for pulling their back lifting their luggage.

This is true. It was the cost justification that prompted the move to Electronic Flight Bags, if that tells you anything about the number of pilots involved.

I dontthink it's just the weight alone. It's how one contorts themselves to situate the weight in the appropriate mechanics.
Uh huh. I like to use 40 lb dumbbells at the gym, but I don't try to hyperextend one with one arm, while leaning forward and twisting it between a seat and a wall. :laugh:

Last edited:

Uhhhh.....I work out at least 3 times a week and haven't eaten fast food in at least a month. And guys a lot more fit than me have gotten hurt.

If you haven't flown the 737 it is much different than the 767. There is no way to get your bag in that's a straight shot.

Btw I agree a lot of pilots need to skip a meal, but I don't think it matters in this case.

If you do not lift correctly, you are going to get injured no matter how fit you are.

How are y'all getting the bag into position? Are you going over the seat or behind the seat? Either way your back is hosed...

Out of those statistics, how many OJI's for carrying 40 lbs are reported by women pilots? grow a pair and stop the whiny BS I say, follow the example of the ladies, you don't see them whining about the 40 lbs.

1 million? Hasn't he seen Virgin's embarrassing payscales? He'd have to work 60 years to make that much. good luck.

Latest resources

Back