• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Board won't commit to three years right now...at least that is the word. We were suppose to find out about this years raise on Jan 23rd. It sounds like it is delayed a week to "make additional changes". Most feel like this raise won't be much. We'll see in a week or so.

I thought it was interesting that jetblue and VX both decided to go with 3-year pay reviews, after past practice of one year at a time. Hopefully it will be a good raise for you guys, good luck.

I thought it was interesting that jetblue and VX both decided to go with 3-year pay reviews, after past practice of one year at a time. Hopefully it will be a good raise for you guys, good luck.

I highly doubt we're getting a 3-year pay review. Lets just IPO and get this merger done already. It's the only chance B6/VX have in the long run to compete with the big three. :D

I highly doubt we're getting a 3-year pay review. Lets just IPO and get this merger done already. It's the only chance B6/VX have in the long run to compete with the big three. :D

I definitely think it will happen within a few years of your IPO! :)

Calls for interviews are going out!? Anyone confirm this? Been in the interview pool for 9 months. Hoping to get a call one of these days

They interviewed 8 last Tuesday. Had two interviewees on my JS who said they were told hiring was to add to the pool. For attrition, more airframes, or both is unknown

They interviewed 8 last Tuesday. Had two interviewees on my JS who said they were told hiring was to add to the pool. For attrition, more airframes, or both is unknown

Any idea how many are in the interview pool? I've been swimming for almost 10 months and I know the psych/logic test will expire soon. I spoke with them at a job fair in November and they assured me I'm still in the pool (without looking up my name) but offered no other indications or advice. Told me not to worry about updating anything... it's been so long though.

I think it's more likely that VA is merging with Hawaiian....

Why do people think that? I think Egos would get in the way. Hawaiian wants to keep its name along with SRB wanting to keep the Virgin brand. Same story for Alaska.

VX isnt attractive for anyone to buy. What can VX offer that an airline doesnt already have or cant get on their own??

Any idea how many are in the interview pool? I've been swimming for almost 10 months and I know the psych/logic test will expire soon. I spoke with them at a job fair in November and they assured me I'm still in the pool (without looking up my name) but offered no other indications or advice. Told me not to worry about updating anything... it's been so long though.

I wouldnt worry about it. If they told you that, that probably means, they have touched anyone in the pool. So they know nothing has changed in that situation, hence telling you not to do anything,since they havent done anything either.

Why do people think that? I think Egos would get in the way. Hawaiian wants to keep its name along with SRB wanting to keep the Virgin brand. Same story for Alaska.

VX isnt attractive for anyone to buy. What can VX offer that an airline doesnt already have or cant get on their own??

I wouldnt worry about it. If they told you that, that probably means, they have touched anyone in the pool. So they know nothing has changed in that situation, hence telling you not to do anything,since they havent done anything either.

People think Hawaiian because there is a lot of exec swapping between the two and the VX route structure makes more sense when you add HA. I have heard we share board members, but for the life of me I can't find who is on VX board. I know two solid names and the rest are conjecture. Also, they could benefit from our slots in LGA, DCA, EWR, and JFK. It took us 5 years of hard work to get EWR slots apparently. Those slots add value.

As far as poolies, there is a lot of change on the horizon here at VX. Not sure about more airplanes or not, but there is a lot on the docket for 2014. Being in the pool sucks, but I tried to think of it as the best of both worlds. You have your current job and vx to choose from.

edit: For the record, I would much rather have organic growth at VX. Please don't construe my post as me wanting the merger. I have been through a merger and it ain't no fun.

Last edited:

I'm just curious since Mud mentioned they've already interviewed 8 this month. That's a lot for them and I have no idea how many are in the pool to interview

Latest resources

Back