• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I must ask something about the questionaire on the job application. How many times can they ask if the customer is always right. What kids of messed up question is this? From a ridiculous management and PR for a company-the customer is never wrong. But as a pilot-well yes, our customers are wrong all the time. think about how many times a passenger came up to you mad and saying they would risk the thunderstorm and we should depart immediately as they are late for a meeting. He is wrong. Period. He is wrong and a customer. So what in the hell are they looking for when answering a question like that?

Hope you don't come across like this in an interview.You are right but your wrong as the customer is always right no matter what the business .My bar or at my airline same issue. FYI 33 years and I never have had pax come up to me and tell me I need to fly. Its all how you present yourself to the public. Good luck , I'v never flown with XJ guy who wasn't great to work with or train.

Last edited:
Not VA's fault in the same way VA blames the lack of profits on fuel prices or weather in SFO?

The same way the Sabre transition debacle was not Virgin's fault, the same way the uniform debacle was not Virgin's fault...

The same way the Sabre transition debacle was not Virgin's fault, the same way the uniform debacle was not Virgin's fault...

I will say this about the uniforms...GK Direct has been the biggest pain in my ass since I got hired here. A lot of the issues I have been hearing about are directly related to them. They sent me 6 fricken shirts instead of 4. How is that possibly Virgin's fault? I order directly from them. Some guys get uniform pieces without eyelets for wings, completely wrong size pieces from what they ordered...you name it. I still haven't gotten my pants. How is Virgin responsible for a 6 month backorder on pants? With that said, the shirt cut was not their fault.

401k match....payroll....

How often does ADP screw up? Rarely in my many years of dealing with them. All of a sudden they are screwing up everything related to VX? Seems fishy to me.

Yup, VX is about to fold its doors. Third party vendor error is proof enough!

I will say this about the uniforms...GK Direct has been the biggest pain in my ass since I got hired here. A lot of the issues I have been hearing about are directly related to them. They sent me 6 fricken shirts instead of 4. How is that possibly Virgin's fault? I order directly from them. Some guys get uniform pieces without eyelets for wings, completely wrong size pieces from what they ordered...you name it. I still haven't gotten my pants. How is Virgin responsible for a 6 month backorder on pants? With that said, the shirt cut was not their fault.

The choice to spend three years designing a uniform (lost manpower over those three years), going with a designer with no uniform experience - and the result being material that is already falling apart, looks like you slept in it even though you just ironed it, and highlights sweat stains. Using women's cut shirts for male pilots. Spending a year in a legal battle over which company owns the design of the shirts. Rolling out a uniform that went against the approvals of the various committees and resulted in yet another change of uniforms. Had management went to a regular uniform supplier and bought regular pilot stuff from the beginning this entire debacle, and the resulting lost manpower and money, would never have happened. That root of the uniform problem lies squarely on incompetent management and no place else.

Similar to the Sabre debacle. Sabre offered their full support and IT services through the transition and management refused, hoping to save a little cash by doing most of it in house. The result was nearly six months of headaches from a customer service standpoint and over a year in mismanaged revenue due to not fully understanding Sabre. Word leaking out from 555 is that McCloud is asking for some basic information on revenue performance on certain routes and the folks running the programs still do not know how to extract the data.

Look, I do not think we are on the verge of going out of business. But I think the fact that we were the best funded start-up airline in modern history, had a well recognized brand name, a ton of subsidies from the state of California and yet cannot make money while every other airline is raking in record profits is a strong indication of the quality of our management. The fact that seemingly simple things like payroll and uniforms turn into major projects that in some cases take up a lot of company resources is further proof of the kind of management we have. I like this company and want it to succeed. We have a great product, a great brand and operate in two great business travel markets. But go spend a few days at 555, see how little the folks there actually work and how much time is spent on parties and socializing, and you will begin to understand why things are constantly screwing up.

The choice to spend three years designing a uniform (lost manpower over those three years), going with a designer with no uniform experience - and the result being material that is already falling apart, looks like you slept in it even though you just ironed it, and highlights sweat stains. Using women's cut shirts for male pilots. Spending a year in a legal battle over which company owns the design of the shirts. Rolling out a uniform that went against the approvals of the various committees and resulted in yet another change of uniforms. Had management went to a regular uniform supplier and bought regular pilot stuff from the beginning this entire debacle, and the resulting lost manpower and money, would never have happened. That root of the uniform problem lies squarely on incompetent management and no place else.

JetBlue is three years into their quest for a decent pilot shirt. When push comes to shove B6 management will take every opportunity to save a nickel. Our uniforms are an embarrassment, second only to our FAs.

Many pilots have directly called ADP and the ADP employees have said it was ADP'S fault. Something about a mix up because we had a performance bonus paid around same time and that had to be paper check. For what it's worth...

Last edited:
I would say this is uniform ver 2.2. The short short sleeves are fixed, new wings because of logo issue, and new epaulets because everyone hated the ver 2.1 ones. Minor changes.

Latest resources

Back