• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America new modern pilot uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if I showed up for work with no wings, no tie, shirt unbuttoned, nobody would mistake me for a pilot either, epaulets or no epaulets. Your new uniform is barely business casual, much less professional. "Looks good on *you* though..."

The wings weren't on the model, but they are there. No tie has been sop for us since day one. It took a bit to get used to, but it is gets good reviews from the pax. Must be a west coast thing. The new stripes aren't as in your face as the current ones, but much more visible than the collar pins we had in the beginning.

I still say it is much closer to a "real" pilot uni than the black waiter shirt, and hopefully cooler (thermally if not style) as well. So since the puppet masters here will never allow a white shirt with skinny black tie, it is the best we get for now.

I would love to parade around looking like an emperor or the love boat captain, but not even you get to do that.

Your "25 years of operating transport category aircraft..." looks very low class, cheap and cheesy in your current and future "uniforms".

And ring around the white collar and a cheap clip-on, stained tie isn't "low class"? Whatever.

Give it a rest on the tie already. I have no desire to wear a tie. What I wear has nothing to do with my professionalism. My professionalism comes from my 25 years of operating transport category aircraft safely and efficiently. I don't care for this uniform but whatever, I didn't care for wearing white shirts and ties either.

Your own professionalism may come from your own experience. But your appearance has a lot to do with how others treat you. If you wanted to be treated as a professional, you need to both act and look professional. I like working for VX, but this uniform is a complete joke and is not the least bit professional.

thats not the FA, those are the male and female pilot uniforms........

That looks exactly like a uniform that Armored Truck Drivers wear.

I think management's thoughts are to make you feel like a truck driver instead of a pilot, so you keep working for truck driver wages.

Your own professionalism may come from your own experience. But your appearance has a lot to do with how others treat you. If you wanted to be treated as a professional, you need to both act and look professional. I like working for VX, but this uniform is a complete joke and is not the least bit professional.

Personally I like the uniforms here. The no tie, and no hat is great. It seems the traveling public loves our uniforms. They have style. Come on you guys really think a short sleve shirt with a tie is professional? Maybe if you work for the FAA! Short sleve shirts with ties are just wrong!! Ha and jet blue guys talking trash about our uniforms! Now that's funny!

Ha and jet blue guys talking trash about our uniforms! Now that's funny!

Heh. That alone ought to be a wakeup call, when the pilots with the second worst uniforms in the industry run down the worst-dressed pilots "improved" look. We know suck when we see it.

A perfect summation NE. Absolute joke!

Heh. That alone ought to be a wakeup call, when the pilots with the second worst uniforms in the industry run down the worst-dressed pilots "improved" look. We know suck when we see it.

Worst dressed according to who? Other pilots? Yeah because we all know pilots are great with fashion. Have you seen how pilots dress? You would think most are blind, or.got dressed in the dark.

Ahh, JB and VX pilots debating uniforms. I'm a JB guy and think our uniforms are not cool at all, but for both groups to be debating their sides is like being a judge at the floor exercise at the Special Olympics. Come on, who's really the winner?

Latest resources

Back