• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America cutting capacity during Winter, offering leaves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Click, just remember he told you that so that when the Wide Body A/C DO show up, you can come back on here and tell us all how "YOU KNEW" way back when. :rolleyes:

I think we found click's check airman. :laugh:

Ne Dude is almost as delusional as the senior check airman that was on our jumpseat a few months back from VA.. He told stories of executive meetings regarding the unlimited revenue potentials, back door revenue funneling into massive future growth even told tales of check airman meetings regarding the addition of the A330 and how it was a " Done Deal" with the manuals being rewritten.

This guy was obviously sniffing glue

Yeah I'd have to raise the BS flag on this one too. Most of our checkairmen are ex-Aloha, ATA, Midwest, Champion, and [insert any other failed major airline here]. They've been around the block for 2 decades, some more. They know the reality of airlines and this industry, and are not delusional like the above posts makes it sound like.

You aren't counting FORMER check airmen. I know of one in particular that was known to spout off about such things. Plausible story to me.

We have a lot of people who like to speculate, like every airline. Heard the Hawaiian merger rumor again last week... VA and Hawaiian are in talks for code share and maybe more. Add to that we had a captain get a job at Hawaiian that supposedly was talked out of going because he would be more senior here post-merger.

Code share makes sense, nothing else does to me. All I know is my logbook is up to date, have fresh resume, and applications have been filled out. And THAT is more common than some would have you believe in the land of the Koolaid.

You aren't counting FORMER check airmen. I know of one in particular that was known to spout off about such things. Plausible story to me.

We have a lot of people who like to speculate, like every airline. Heard the Hawaiian merger rumor again last week... VA and Hawaiian are in talks for code share and maybe more. Add to that we had a captain get a job at Hawaiian that supposedly was talked out of going because he would be more senior here post-merger.

Code share makes sense, nothing else does to me. All I know is my logbook is up to date, have fresh resume, and applications have been filled out. And THAT is more common than some would have you believe in the land of the Koolaid.

I flew with that captain the day he was supposed to start class at Hawaiian. The real story is he sat down with the SFO chief pilot who shared some up coming info with him that is not public. He has not told anyone what that info is, and plenty of us have tried to get it out of him. The rumor that he stayed because he would be more senior post Hawaiian merge is just a bad rumor.

Latest Rumor is something between VX and Frontier. Execs from both companies spotted at each others headquarters, including Branson.

Yeah I'd have to raise the BS flag on this one too. Most of our checkairmen are ex-Aloha, ATA, Midwest, Champion, and [insert any other failed major airline here]. They've been around the block for 2 decades, some more. They know the reality of airlines and this industry, and are not delusional like the above posts makes it sound like.

No No not BS I dont work for VA... I was operating from jfk to FLL or MCO if i remember totally full VA CHK AMN on the seat I am assuming he was a chk airman. Older guy maybe 55 years old real character.. Told the whole story of golden greatness.

I flew with that captain the day he was supposed to start class at Hawaiian. The real story is he sat down with the SFO chief pilot who shared some up coming info with him that is not public. He has not told anyone what that info is, and plenty of us have tried to get it out of him. The rumor that he stayed because he would be more senior post Hawaiian merge is just a bad rumor.

That's just dumb. I flew with a VA pilot who had been with Aloha, he mentioned how he had gotten hired at another airline and was going to leave Aloha, but the CP at his base convinced him to stay because good things were coming, and that everything was going to be fine. 6 months later Aloha went under.

Not sure it's a wise idea to make career decisions based on words coming out of some CPs mouth.

Ne Dude is almost as delusional as the senior check airman that was on our jumpseat a few months back from VA.. He told stories of executive meetings regarding the unlimited revenue potentials, back door revenue funneling into massive future growth even told tales of check airman meetings regarding the addition of the A330 and how it was a " Done Deal" with the manuals being rewritten.

This guy was obviously sniffing glue

So tell me smart guy, what about my comments about our financial problems being due to poor route planning are delusional? Seems quite reasonable to me. Why do you think VX has had financial problems? Is it because we have a great route structure?

Latest resources

Back