• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Assessment results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I applied in Sep of '07, got the assessment letter within 48 hours, the response within 3 days, and the interview call about 48 hours after that. Unfortunately, the interview date was only a few days later and I already had a schedule I couldn't break. They stopped interviewing after that last group, and I had to re-apply yesterday.

Any idea if anyone has ever been called back to the interview pile again?

Thanks,
A friend got an interview date but took a job with Korean Air instead. He didn't like it much and so I helped him get an interview with VA a few months later. He felt it was perfunctory, they didn't really look at him very hard. The mind set being you have to REALLY want to be at VA so turning them down is a killer. That said, the hiring regime has changed dramatically since so who knows, but that mind set is ingrained company wide.

Congrats to all newbies, we're excited to have you!

A friend got an interview date but took a job with Korean Air instead. He didn't like it much and so I helped him get an interview with VA a few months later. He felt it was perfunctory, they didn't really look at him very hard. The mind set being you have to REALLY want to be at VA so turning them down is a killer. That said, the hiring regime has changed dramatically since so who knows, but that mind set is ingrained company wide.

Congrats to all newbies, we're excited to have you!

Crimenny sakes....why would somebody "REALLY want to be at VA" unless they're out of a job, stuck flying RJs and want to make it to the show, or REALLY want to make 3K per month to fly an Airbus. Give me a frigging break and save the we're different BS.

Until pilots quit whoring themselves out to bottom feeders the profession will continue to suffer.

Try sitting down with an old-timer and confess whats happening these days in the airlines and what we put up with. It will embarrass you. (Unless of course you're the type that REALLY wants to fly with the likes of VA)

haha, dillweed.....
you're kidding me, right. last time I checked all legacy carriers took huge pay cuts to keep their company alive......besides jetblue, most busdrivers make a few bucks more in their respective seat and none of them have 2, 3, 4 year cpts. did jetblue, southwest, pay industry leading salaries when they started up?? you are probably one of the guys who paid for training at the regionals just to get in......

hi

Hello mach .

Does the following message mean that you have passed online assessment and that they are going to call you for an interview?

thanks
I just took the assement and got a message like, we received your assesment you will be contacted regarding the next step in the hiring process. I think thats a good sign. By the way, it took me over 2 hours.

How many airplanes are you adding this year? What does the growth look like? Are all newbies assigned SFO as a base?

First set of crews have already bid and will start flying out of LAX March 1.

Latest resources

Back