Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vietnam F-4 ace Randy Cunningham goes down in flames...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
The first ace of the Vietnam war, the pilot who shot down the Vietnamese ace Colonel Toon, and the man whose career was loosely brought to the big screen by Jerry Bruckheimer in the movie Top Gun.....has just stepped down from Congress and acknowledged charges of bribery.

Link

What a shame to see such an aviation legend go down like this. Just goes to show that no one is above the temptation of greed.

I can't even imagine what it's like to know that you're gonna be someone's "boyfriend".

He'll long for the days when he was getting shot at.

YIKES

Last edited by a moderator:
I flew against him when he was with VA-126 at Miramar. Also shot craps with him at Tailhook in '84. A bit of a slacker who was very serious only when he was in the aircraft.

Never struck me as a deep thinker. There were Navy rules...and "Duke" rules.

I'm not too surprised by this turn of events.

ultrarunner said:
I can't even imagine what it's like to know that you're gonna be someone's "boyfriend".

YIKES

you sir, are an idiot :)

Occam's Razor, I heard the same thing flying with and old F4 pilot who worked at my company. He said the Duke was full of himself and the MX guys hated his ass.

ultrarunner said:

YIKES

Prison?? please, dont make me laugh. he's just like every other polititian of late that has screwed up and broken the law. He'll give a big repentant speech to the courts saying how sorry he is, and that he just had a weak moment. He'll get a slap on the wrist and pay a large amount of money in fines and restitution, and that will be it. Guys like him dont go to prison in this day and age. If you're a polititian, popular, have enough cash, and a good attorney, you can get away with just about anything once. I'd be very suprised if he ever serves a day after conviction.

Latest resources

Back