• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vietnam Airlines A320 contracts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To clear things up, yes this thread is about the Vietnam Airlines A320 contract, the good pay and nice place to live contract that is paying approximately $10.6K per month on the 6/2 schedule and goes up 10% after completion of the first year.

IMHO the Air Mekong drivers have NO impact on Vietnam Airlines expat salaries, Air Mekong pilots are not contractors, they are employed by ASA or Sky West?

Anyone working for a lower than standard contract rate is putting downward pressure on all salaries.

10.6k per month is what 170/190 capts are earning (excluding housing, insurance, schooling), so that is low for an A320.

10.6k per month is what 170/190 capts are earning (excluding housing, insurance, schooling), so that is low for an A320.
I think you may not have done your homework.

1. Do 170 pilots put all of their paycheck in the bank, I do.

2. Do 170 pilots receive 14 days of paid vacation every 42 days, we do.

3. Are all the 170 pilots based out of the city they live in, I am.

4. Each 14 days of vacation includes round trip tickets on the system (not to the states yet, but soon).

5. How much does a 170 pilot pay for dinner and drinks for two, is it less than $18.00, I think not.

6. My girlfriend is half my age! :beer:

If you choose not to take a vacation every six weeks, you make considerably more, I currently take home more than an AA 767 captain, cost of living is a fraction of what a 170 driver has to deal with, for example, my cable TV is $3.00 and a full time housekeeper is $100.00 per month, so you don't really need to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out, good luck.

I was talking of contract work not domestic USA flying. Homework has been done, living the dream for real. Well almost a dream... well not quite a dream, but the paycheck and the travel opportunities make me happy.

1. Yes - Actually more that 10.6k, cash.

2. 40 days vacation per year, 12 days off per month, 10 emergency days per year, 60 sick per year (20 full pay, 20 half pay, 20 no pay).

3. Yes

4. Round trip, positive space, anywhere in the system once per month (USA included)

5. I am in Saudi - you got me there. Drinks are home made.

6. No shortage of 20 something Morrocans/Indians/Sri-Lankans/Philipinas/Turks/Eastern Europeans bouncing around.

Cable TV - Free
Housekeeper/cook/nanny - $250

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back