• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Various Continental Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of CAL problems will go away once we have a stronger union. Lets work on that, guys.

Otherwise nothing will change and thinking that "YOU are ok and going to upgrade in 2 years" will continue to separate out pilots group. We have to make it a good place for newhires too.

Most of CAL problems will go away once we have a stronger union. Lets work on that, guys.

Otherwise nothing will change and thinking that "YOU are ok and going to upgrade in 2 years" will continue to separate out pilots group. We have to make it a good place for newhires too.

I fully agree with you. I was just comparing why it would be better here than a regional. I hope that the union can get its crap straight so we might get better than an "OK" contract. Its going to take alot for me to vote yes.

Thanks much for all the info... greatly appreciated. I have a couple more for anyone willing to take a bite...

7) How are the work rules over there? What does everyone love / hate?

8) Also... how is the relationship with management? Does it look like some real gains will be made in contract negotiations when they come up?

9) Is the general attitude of the pilots good?

10) For those of you who have recently gone there... do you feel you made the right choice?

7. Bad, worse with PBS. People hate summers, like winters when flying slows down.

8. Relationship is good. Most people (that I am around) feel that we were sold by our previous union leaders into slavery. Hence the management feels that the relationship is great since we are the most abused Legacy pilot group and taking it. No cancelled flights=no problem with staffing.
I think the chance is good, but most of the pilots here will take coolaid and settle for humble improvements. There are strong folks trying to change things, but the inertia from scabs and their influence is just too strong. So it'll be an improvement, but not, for example a 50% pay increase (or more precisely - taking it back) so we can lead the industry.

9. For the most part good. People are pretty happy with all this hiring and they don't bother comparing CAL to other airlines to get the real picture.

10. Yes, by far better than the regionals. CAL needs pilots with determination and ability to stand up and it'll be much better.

Last edited:
Pbs?

My bad for hijacking the thread here, but what is PBS and why doesn't anyone like it? Thanks in advance.

PBS is a schedule bidding system. You put preferences and see what you get based on your seniority. The computer builds the combination of trips instead of prebuild lines giving to you by scheduling for bidding process. It's a great idea and is the future of the industry.

The PBS problems at CAL:
1. System provider. The company had no experience doing this and is trying to work out bugs as we go. I am sure they were very cheep though.
2. The parameters put in PBS are largely controlled by the company, where should be by the union. At some other airlines pilots enjoy PBS because the union say how things will work.

A lot of folks feel it largely disregards the seniority, covers up the understaffing etc.

Anyway, now the point is PBS improvements is a huge bargaining chip in management hands. They can say: "we'll fix it and give you 1.5% pay raise". (exaduration)
My biggest fear is that our pilot group will take it.

Next contract in the industry gets 45% pay increase (exaduration) and we will feel like complete idiots.

I don't care....

Well, I turned down the job offer after I was given a class date.

So that should tell you something. Also, I hear a lot of new hires leave in the first year.

Flack jacket on. LOL

I really don't care whether you are a female, GOD made female idiots as well. You are truly a toolette!

Find Hellonewman and make babies! We need more idiots in future generations!
-YOU SUCK!

What is the average lineholder credit per month?

Is there overtime available to pick up on days off?

Is there a limit on credit hours per month?

Latest resources

Back